Allure 3/13... Excursion suggestions?

sirius802

Me and my roommate are leaving on the Allure March 13, stopping in Labadee, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. I was wondering which excursions to try, which to pass on...

I've heard the coaster at labadee is great.

We are looking to try and stay away from the expensive ones... on a tight budget.

Which ports are good for just lounging on the beach?

What secrets or deals does the ship hold while the masses are out at the port? ;)

Thanks you guys!

These boards have been my saving grace! :)

Labadee is a great beach day. I've ridden the coaster and it is a lot of fun. Labadee can be a very cheap day.

I've never been to the beach at Cozumel. I do not remember one being close to the ship.

Allure is awesome.

I don't think you really need to do lots of excursions in any of these ports. Here are my budget friendly recommendations:

Labadee is fine to just lounge around on the beach & explore a bit

Cozumel--if you've never been there, I'd take a cab to Chakanaab (a marine park w/beach, snorkeling, dolphins, gardens, restaurant), hang on the beach & check it out for a while & then taxi back to town & walk around, shop, etc. This gives you a taste of the beach & the town. Taxi's are affordable. Admission to Chakanaab is not much either--im sure you can find the current price on here somewhere.

Costa Maya-I've not been there yet, but read a nice write up in the "ports" section where someone walked away from the immediate drop off area & found a beach club with facilities to hang out on, got a massage (I think it was $30) & had lunch at a highly recommended restaurant called 100% Agave

I'm not big on cruise ship excursions--we always book on our own unless we feel we are really in a questionable area or have a major concern about getting back to the ship in time....otherwise, you can save tons of money doing your own thing. If you are interested in specific activities (i.e. jet skiing or say scuba)....look at the Port section under the specific port & you will find recommendations of other cruisers that have used a particular company & read the recommendations....we have always had good luck with this. Often times, you get a similar or much better experience for much less $$.

We will be on the ship with you too & are counting the hours....

Archived