Glacier Flightseeing via Floatplanes in Alaska

arlenez

I am thinking about booking a tour on a floatplane in Alaska, but I get motion sickness and I am afraid that I will get sick. Has anyone been on any of the floatplanes in Alaska? Can anyone give me any advice? I would love to go whalewatching, but that was a disaster in Hawaii when we ran into a violent storm.

Thanks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;4;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We took a floatplane trip out of Juneau to Glacier Bay. Although the weather was not bad, the ride in the small plane did give my daughter and me a touch of motion sickness. This problem came from the ride in the air versus being on the water which was not a problem. Nevertheless, I had the time of my life.

Unfortunately I don't have any great advice. My thoughts are simply that floatplanes and Alaska go hand in hand and that it is worth taking a chance and booking some type of trip (floatplane, helicopter, etc). But if you know that certain disaster awaits you for such a trip, then there are other types of rewarding excursions that you can do instead.

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse

Century FO 1996 E Carib

Mercury FO 1998 W Carib

Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP

Infinity FV 2002 S Carib

Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

We have taken float plane trips numerous times and I have never had a problem. I get motion sick very easily but just wear the same patch I wear to cruise and it does the trick. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend a float plane trip. We've had our parents, grandkids and friends out flightseeing and they have all loved it! Hope you enjoy our beautiful state!

Dawn Princess, Eastern Caribbean 12/1999

Voldendam, So.Caribbean, 1/2002

Star Princess, Mexican Riviera 12/2002

Grand Princess, W. Caribbean 12/2003

Celebrity Summit, Ultimate W. Caribbean 12/2004

Archived