Dressy shoe dilemma!

kmflutist

The kitten heel idea is a good one for the formal attire, but I would not want to take tours or excursions wearing a kitten heel. For one thing, the streets might be tough on a delicate kitten heel and tear it up a bit or wear it down. For another, such a shoe does not provide a lot of support to the ankle.

I honestly think it is better to find a shoe for the formal night and another shoe for the touring, each shoe being specifc to its purpose. I've tried to find an ideal crossover shoe and it doesn't seem to exist being that formal shoes are so delicate, light weight and pretty while, in contrast, hiking and touring shoes are so sturdy and "sensible."

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad I found this thread. Both my husband and I are 6 feet. I think I will go with silver, flat, strappy sandals. My dress is Royal Blue.

I did a royal blue dress and silver heels last fall on the Pride. It turned out much better than I expected. I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

I agree that you shouldn't feel so self conscious. I wouldn't wear a super high heel, but a nice mid-heel, such as these would be gorgeous.

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/womens-weddings-events/?gclid=CJSBiKzMzKcCFUGo4AodblawDQ

If you really want to wear a dressy flat, I'd go with something satin or perhaps patent leather.

Metallic leather is a common look that's worn with jeans and casual dresses.

These would be pretty and have just a small heel.

******* (dot) com/5sfklqp

NMX0QFZ_mg.jpg

I did a royal blue dress and silver heels last fall on the Pride. It turned out much better than I expected. I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

I do silver with my emerald green dress; and I'm planning to with my new navy/royal one. I love the kitten heel idea - when I was little I called them "Barbie shoes" because she alwys seemed to come with a pair :o

Archived