Embarkation Day Dining - Sun

maryland

Hi - For those of you recently on the Sun, does anyone know which one of the main dining rooms is open for lunch on the first day? We would rather eat there than the buffet so really want to know which one to go to when we get on board. I think it's easier to get past "the guards" if you know exactly where to go. Thanks

Last year on our spring transatlantic the SUN had lunch in the Seven Seas (more aft) dining room. There were LOTS more folks having lunch in there than I had ever before seen on embarkation day on any other NCL ship... SO - the word is DEFINITELY out!!

I think Seven Seas embarkation lunch would be a terrific place for Sun roll call groups to get started getting acquainted --at least those CC folks a little above the age of hitting the pool first thing and rocking out around the sailaway barbeque buffet.

Like every other question like this, what happened last week does not mean it will happen again next week. Generally, the larger dining room is the one serving lunch. They might change it the day your cruise. Check as you board.

The aft MDR, Seven Seas, was open on our embarkation day until 2:30, however, it's a little tricky to find if you don't know the ship - it's on the fifth floor, but you can't get there from the atrium on the 5th - you have to go up to the 6th or 7th, walk back, then go down. Don't ask for directions or you'll be shooed to the buffet on 11, like we were!:confused:

The aft MDR, Seven Seas, was open on our embarkation day until 2:30, however, it's a little tricky to find if you don't know the ship - it's on the fifth floor, but you can't get there from the atrium on the 5th - you have to go up to the 6th or 7th, walk back, then go down. Don't ask for directions or you'll be shooed to the buffet on 11, like we were!:confused:

You won't get shooed if you tell them you want the MDR. The person I asked for directions tired that with me, and I just straight up told her I knew one MDR was open and that was were I wanted to go.

If one person shoo's you, ask another, or go exploring.

I've read about getting past the "guards" in other threads too. I wonder why they try to keep you from going to the MDR even though it is open for lunch.:confused:

My guess is "staffing". After all, this is a very busy day for them and staff is spread thin.

Thanks so much :-)

DebNjoe - you're right about being direct - we actually weren't hungry, and weren't looking to eat - I was just trying to find my way around! Those ladies were pretty aggressive in shooing folks to the "buffet on 11" :)

Our original plan - based off suggestions from these boards - was to go have a leisurely lunch there, but the big breakfast we had at the Radisson (props to their "Park n Cruise package") left us full! We found the Four Seasons easily, as that's right off the atrium, but for the life of us, we couldn't find the other until the next day! The funny part was that it was the dining room closest to our stateroom and the last one we found.:D

Archived