Dolphin Encounter-Freeport

bunchesofun

Forgive me if this has been answered, I know a lot has been said about the dolphin encounter in other places.

Do you wear your swimsuits to the venue, or is there a place to change when you get there?

Are you allowed to bring your own camera? I'd still buy a photo if it was all four of us with the dolphin, but can't afford four individual photos.

Thanks in advance.

We did the Dolphin Swim in Freeport and although there was a place to change, I would at least recommend going there in your bathing suit. If there is time, you can change out afterwards.

For the swim, we asked others that were not swimming if they would take pics while we were in the water and then returned the favor. The trainer actually hinted that we could do this. We would have bought the $20 picture if they had been ready before we had to hop the bus back to the port for our 2PM scheduled departure. I'm not sure how this jives with the dolphin encounter.

I know you mentioned the Dolphin Encounter, but I highly recommend the Dolphin Swim (unless you have young children). The experiences are so far apart. I was orignally looking at the encounter but changed my mind before booking and it was by far the best decision I made for the entire cruise.

This also sounds like a common theme about getting back to the boat late. We didn't get back to UNEXSO until almost 2 and people were in a rush to catch the bus back to the ship. Well the bus didn't come to pick us up until almost 2:30.

We've booked for May and they didn't have the swim mentioned. However I've been to their website and our 11 yo daughter is not tall enough to do the swim even if it was offered. So we'll have to be content with the encounter.

So it looks like we should plan on getting back to the ship late, and not to worry since we've booked through Carnival?

We've booked for May and they didn't have the swim mentioned. However I've been to their website and our 11 yo daughter is not tall enough to do the swim even if it was offered. So we'll have to be content with the encounter.

So it looks like we should plan on getting back to the ship late, and not to worry since we've booked through Carnival?

You are correct. Since it is a Carnival excursion they will wait for you. I was on this excursion in June and like others have said we were late getting back to the ship. This is one time that I did something that I NEVER want to do again. I walked on the ship and they pulled the gang way up behind me. :eek: Just an FYI, only 2 people are in the water at the same time so individuals' cameras are a better option than relying on the pictures taken by them. Another personal experience that is worth to mention. BE CAREFUL with the cameras on the dock. They dolphins will get you AND the camera wet. I fried mine, it now gives me a focusing error when I turn it on. Ooops:rolleyes:, oh well, I LOVE the pictures.

Archived