Triumph Pier and Parking

At which pier does the Triumph dock in Miami? I've been trying to call Carnival and am getting no answer on the numbers I have. Are they closed on weekends? I wouldn't have thought so.

Also, my Carnival PVP told me that parking at the pier was $10.00 a day. My PVP also said the parking was open and not covered. I found information on their website that said it is garage parking with height restrictions and anything over the height restriction would have to park in the adjacent parking lot @ $20.00 a day. We are driving down in our van which is a hightop conversion van. Would someone familiar with the parking arrangements at the Miami port please tell me what the pier parking specifics are?

Thank you.

Sugar

I just got my docs for our Triumph cruise 4/9, and it says that Triumph leaves from Pier C[8]/B[9] at Port of Miami.

On our Paradise cruise two years ago, we drove to Miami in our van and parked at the pier. We were directed to a fenced-in uncovered parking lot just to the east of the terminal, however, I do know there are several parking garages at the port as well (where you can park is largely dependent upon what terminal the ship leaves from). Here's some more information that might help http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/au_directions.asp.

I hope others that have sailed can offer better information!

Thank you derf5585 and bankofdad for the replies. I finally found a telephone number for Carnival's customer service and called last night. All they could tell me though was that the Triumph docked at pier B so thank you for letting me know that it is B(9). Some of the other information I found only referred to the number and not the letter so your information clarifies that for me. They could not tell me about the parking but did give me the telephone number to their parking garage so I will call there tomorrow to find out what the height restrictions are. The CSR said she thought it was for vehicles like motorhomes but wasn't sure.

derf5585, your CC name looks familiar. Seems I've read your posts from a board that has gone by the wayside...can't remember the name of it. It closed shortly after I discovered it....was taken over by another entity and they closed it. I was on that board gleaning information for our first cruise last year.

There is a realtively new parking garage at the port of Miami. I used it for the first time last Memorial Day. Before that parking was in a gated, uncovered lot, but I never experienced any problems there.

Thought I'd come back and post what I found out since I sent the first message of this thread in case it might help someone else.

I finally got in touch with someone at the parking garage. They told me our hightop van might fit in the parking garage. He said the garage accomodates vehicles up to 9' in height on the first floor of the parking garage. The rest of the floors only accomodate 7' high vehicles. He also said there was a parking lot across the street from the pier that we could use and the parking fees there were the same as the garage......which is $12.00 a day now instead of the $10.00 a day my PVP had told me. He said the $24.00 a day is charged to oversized vehicles and by oversized, they mean any vehicle that requires 2 parking spaces instead of 1.

Archived