GEMS Grand Pacific Dining Room Question

KevinsCruising

HI, For those who just cruised the GEM lately, is it acceptable to go to the Grand Pacific Dining Room in dress jeans for men, with shoes and shirt? I heard a rumor you will be turned away from the Grand Pacific and then told to eat at the Majenta instead if you are wearing jeans. Any truth to that ??? :confused:

Thanks

We were on the 2/1 Gem and saw it go both ways as far as Grand Pacific dress code enforcement. We had a friend turned away and also observed others in shorts and jeans being politely redirected to the Magenta. However, on different evenings we saw men in jeans and workout type t-shirts eating dinner in the Grand Pacific :confused:

Not sure why the inconsistency. Could be the hostess on duty, in port or at sea, how crowded it is ??????

But, whatever, the food is the same in both rooms so there is really no reason for anyone to try to push the dress code issue. Just wear what you are comfortable wearing and go the whichever MDR that clothing is appropriate for. It's certainly not something worth worrying about on vacation :)

Hi. We were on the cruise from 2/19 through 2/26 Gem. I don't know if they were enforcing the dress code or not as we decided to observe it before creating an issue. From what I could understand, it seemed that the dress code was nice jeans or pants in the Grand Pacific [and one or more of the specialty restaurants] on the "dress up or not" nights, but you could have the more relaxed dress in magenta. Hope this helps.

Just got off the Gem yesterday. Jeans are allowed in every restaurant. Shorts not allowed in the Grand Pacific and LeBistro. I did observe people being turned away for wearing shorts in the Grand Pacific. We ate most dinners in the Grand Pacific but the night we had shorts on we ate in the Orchid. It seemed as if most of the families with children ate in the Magenta.

Archived