3 favorite things to do on Grayd Cayman

ILoveScotland

Smith Cove!!

we had the whole beach to our self

i snorkeled allday my wife fell a sleep on the beach and woke up with wild chickens all around here. it was so peaceful there

if you want some where to stay for cheap but very nice and private.

stay at the turtle nest inn.. only 8 rooms.

we had the pool to our selfs all week long.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the ideas. Have been here on GC a week and leaving today. Morritt's is a great resort but nickled and dimed us to death. Grand Cayman much too expensive with nothing really to interest my friend and me except Rum Point. I might have gone swimming with sting rays, but she didn't want to do that.

Doubt that I will ever return as there are other islands that I prefer. Still glad I came.

scuba diving and snorkeling...

I've wanted to try scuba for a long time, and I like to snorkel, but it just didn't happen last week. We made one trip into Georgetown and drove up to Hell, then stopped at a small beach bar at northern end of Seven Mile Beach. Decided that was enough of that side of the island and stayed on the East End the remainder of the time.

For anyone who wants a land vacation on GC Morritt's is great even with some extra add-ons like having to pay $25 per device for wifi, being charged for utilities and expensive meals on site. Family friendly and a beach that is uncrowded and beautiful. Rum Point is equally wonderful in a different way and only a 20 minute drive from Morritt's.

Archived