Toddler Toys on the Plane

traveler1980

When my daughter was 18 months and we were flying to Disney I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of little things to keep her busy. I had gotten many ideas off of the Disney boards. I got stickers, coloring books for her to place the stickers in, sticky notes that she placed everywhere, small containers of play dough, pipe cleaners to build with, Old Maid cards that she enjoyed looking at the pictures, and little books for her to look through. It was all cheap stuff that was fine if she lost, tore, and ruined......but certainly kept her busy on the plane.

My kids love snacks! Take precut yarn with scotch tape at one end and some cheerios. Then, on the plane, sting the cheerios on the yarn letting your child help as they can. Then, tie into a necklace, and the child can eat the cheerios. So, activity and snack!

My kids also love movies. They don't get endless TV at home, so when we travel, the portable DVD player is exciting!

Imnop: What a brilliant idea! I love the Cheerios stringing project. That would keep my super active son interested for some time. The eating would intrigue him, too, especially if it's something like Fruitloops, which he never gets!

Archived