Max comfort for 3rd person in stateroom?

foxor

I am always the "3rd person" in the stateroom when we cruise... which invariably means I sleep on the convertible sofabed. We have an F-class (large oceanview) cabin booked on the Oosterdam, and size of the cabin has never been an issue, but comfort sometimes is. On the Noordam, the sofabed in our stateroom sloped considerably towards the wall. You'd be surprised how tense you wake up when you've been fighting to maintain your position in the bed all night long. These sofabeds also don't hold a candle to HAL's very comfortable mattresses.

This cruise, we are going to try to pack a memory foam matress pad, and I am hoping that will help.

So... do you have any other suggestions for maximizing comfort for the 3rd person?

On a recent cruise on ''Rotterdam'' we asked for and received a second mattress which worked very well.

Not as comfortable as the regular beds however.

Not sure if I know what you mean... you had an uncomfortable mattress so they replaced it? Or they stacked something on top of what was already there?

Archived