Maasdam Porthole windows

airisland

Hubby & I are booked on the May 7th Canada/New England cruise and have a porthole cabin. Anybody had one of these? How big is the window compared to a regular window? Does it seem darker in the cabin and is it easy enough to see out or will I have to stand on the bed? This is our first Holland America cruise. Anybody by chance know where I can see a picture of one. Thanks.

Hubby & I are booked on the May 7th Canada/New England cruise and have a porthole cabin. Anybody had one of these? How big is the window compared to a regular window? Does it seem darker in the cabin and is it easy enough to see out or will I have to stand on the bed? This is our first Holland America cruise. Anybody by chance know where I can see a picture of one. Thanks.

We were recently on the Maasdam and were "upgraded" from an Inside Guarantee to a porthole cabin. There were two portholes which provided sufficient light for me to read in bed, after lunch. It seems to me, the only difference was that it was darker in the morning, so we tended to sleep later.;) We didn't take any photos, as we have cruised on the the Maasdam 4 times. We will take photos of the newly refurbished cabins when we sail with her again...in April to Montreal.:) Who knows, maybe we'll be upgraded from an Outside Guarantee to the Penthouse Suite!!:eek:

If you look at the "STICKY" above, you'll see a posting by Joannie with a huge number of cabin photos.

The photos below (can be clicked on and seen full size) are from Statendam, a sister ship to Maasdam. I do not have photos of the G or H on Maasdam.

G 704 Large Ocean (Porthole) View Stateroom Deck 4 A Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)

[

sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-009.jpg--sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-010.jpg

[

sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-011.jpg--sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-001.jpg

[

sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-012.jpg--sm-HC_A-704_DCLuchessa-013.jpg

[

80cm from the floor to the Porthole. This is a Handicapped Stateroom, wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only, wheelchair accessible doorways. Photos 2010

My thanks to Carole, a non CC member, for these photos.

Joanie

Archived