Royal Palms Beach review from Crown Princess 2-2011

tirsabel

We were on the Crown Princess in the last week of February.

Quick and easy tender. Walked in, they called 5 groups at once and we got over pretty quickly.

We had decided to do 7 mile beach, and keep it simple. I had researched royal palms grill. It was $4 pp cab ride there and it was 10 minutes or so away from the port. It was $10 per chair and $10 for an umbrella - this ended up being comparable to nearly every island we went to. We picked out our chairs & one of the guys came over and dug a hole to plant our umbrella in and knew exactly where to place it so we were able to get good coverage for two chairs. The food was good - we tried the wagyu sliders, the crab sliders and had drinks including the cayman colada (so yummy!). It was a bit on the pricier side – 2 drinks 2 entrees cost $40 appx. But the atmosphere was great and relaxing and def one of the better beach experiences – not too crowded either.

There were a TON of cabs available on the way back. i'm not sure if our cab driver was high or just strange, but he made all sorts of odd comments driving back (something about driving us through the ghetto and thought we would get it because of the city - we were three indians, one white person and are from DC???).

then before we got out of the cab there was mandatory prayer time where we were asked to repeat after him before we would be let out and repeated a general prayer to lord & savior jesus christ.

very odd, but nothing to ruin a trip, just kind of a laugh afterwards.

Thanks for the review.

Just a few questions. Someone mentioned on here that the lounge chairs are chained or linked together. Is this true? Did you have space between the two of you and other guests?

We went to Calico Jacks last time in the Caymans. Had a good time, but Royal Palms looks much nicer. Did they have waiter service or did you have to go to the bar for drinks?

Thanks in advance

so the chairs are linked together at night time i think. when we got there, the front rows were not linked and people had moved their chairs around every which way. there was no table in between for us to put our food on or anything and kind of ate our laps in the chair.... the umbrellas gave good shade. i have attached a couple pictures of the beach area below.

the waiter - though there only seemed like there was one that came down to the beach chairs - was fast, efficient and always around. you did not have to get off your butt to go get food (which we did not) the menu was great - we enjoyed the sliders and the drinks...wish i had a cayman colada right now....:)IMGP1373.jpg.ae995341f98c0ae0f386e0bb219db756.jpg

IMGP1382.jpg.7609b7620d39b509cebbc599c2bf6237.jpg

IMGP1386.jpg.ce4eb8c8b4215f3efbf6cb1b875f8da1.jpg

Archived