Help with Excursion Timing - Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Tour

OrangeSquirrel

Hello! Will be sailing on Allure OTS and visiting Costa Maya on 3/17. We dock at noon, leave at 7 PM.

Would love to do the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Tour with The Native Choice, and the package with the lagoon stop is very appealing. TNC notes that tours begin 1 hour after your ship docks. The ruins-only tour is 4 hours; with the lagoon stop it's 5.5 hours. Will we have time to do the latter?

I have only been on one cruise before (Freedom OTS eastern route last year). I was somewhat hyper about not missing the boat and leaving PLENTY of time to get back to the ship. I realize I've probably answered my own question here.... but I really want to be able to spend some time at the beach after seeing the ruins....

Any input is appreciated!

I am on the same sailing and I am doing the Native Choice with the home experience and was worried about the time frame as well. From what I understand they have experience with the Oasis and Allure's time frame and get you back in plenty of time. I have heard that they constantly check the time and stay on schedule to get everyone back on time. I am concerned because it is also a rumored Formal Night(Lobster Night) and I want to be back with enough time for that. I would love to hear from someone who has done this tour on the Oasis or Allure and what time they got back. :)

I sent Ivan an email last night and he replied within 40 minutes. As you said, he noted they were familiar with the Allure timeframe. To accomplish the Extrene Tour, they do the info part of the tour en route to the ruins so that more time can be spent exploring when you arrive. They also reduce the breaks and shopping time in order to have plenty of time at the lagoon. Thus, they get you back to the ship by 5:50 pm as RCI requires everyone back by 6:30 pm in order to set sail at 7:00 pm.

I was so happy to hear this and will be signing up for the Extreme Tour. The immediate and thorough response was appreciated, and seems to be indicative of the great customer service from The Native Choice that people rave about. Really looking forward to our Costa Maya stop!

Archived