Yet another Park + Cruise question -- Long Beach Hilton

chipnchair

... though with specifics about the parking and property ;)

We've done the Park and Cruise staying at the Crowne Plaza San Pedro about 14 months ago sailing NCL.

This time our family reunion cruise is on Carnival and we're looking for a park and cruise package on the Long Beach side where Carnival's port is.

I've already read the awesome threads re: Hotel Maya, but we're specifically looking to stay at a property with INDOOR parking and the Maya only has outdoor.

Would love to stay at the Hilton Long Beach, but don't know if the parking is indoor or outdoor. I called the property directly and was told 2 separate things; valet is indoor, self parking is outdoor. I called back and spoke to a parking attendant who said self parking can be indoor or outdoor depending on where you choose to park your car. :confused:

Has anyone ever used the park and cruise option at the Hilton Long Beach and were you able to leave your car parked indoors while you were cruising?

Bonus question: Has anyone used their Hilton Honors points to successfully use a park and cruise package at the Hilton Long Beach? Last time around I tried to do it at the Doubletree and was told they'd honor the points for the lodging but I'd have to pay for the parking separately.

Thanks in advance + I totally welcome additional advice about other properties with park and sail packages that include INDOOR parking. :)

Thank you so much madera_cruiser + DareTooDream for your confirmation of the ability to park inside.

Did either of you (or anyone else on the board) use the Park and Cruise option? I can't seem to find it on the Hilton Long Beach site and was wondering if one exists (I've found threads that reference it) or how I can get access to it.

I do have an email into the Hilton, but was wondering if anyone else had information.

Thanks again!! :-)

I think that now that the Hotel Maya is part of the Hilton family (it is now a doubletree) that the park and cruise rate--especially the $99 carnival one, has moved there. I also could not find the park and cruise rate on the Long Beach Hilton website.

Thank you so much madera_cruiser + DareTooDream for your confirmation of the ability to park inside.

Did either of you (or anyone else on the board) use the Park and Cruise option? I can't seem to find it on the Hilton Long Beach site and was wondering if one exists (I've found threads that reference it) or how I can get access to it.

I do have an email into the Hilton, but was wondering if anyone else had information.

Thanks again!! :-)

I had seen it referenced on here somewhere. I called the hotel directly based on what I read in the post back then.

One thing to note - the hotel would pay for a taxi if the shuttle was not available. It was not available upon our return. We did not know that though until we called for pick-up of course. I wanted to call as soon as we got the luggage but DH wanted to get settled first (through customs which was no big deal what so ever, etc) - he had the porter take us to the shuttle area. We then called and were told to take a taxi and they would pay the driver when we got there. Soon a taxi pulled up nearby and let someone out. I asked if he could take us. He said no and they'd he'd get in trouble or something to that effect. It turns out there is a queue for taxi's and it's back right outside the terminal. Getting back there was like fish swimming upstream. Of course I haven't learned how to travel light so we had to get another porter.........

The night we arrived we did take the shuttle to Bubba Gumps and all the stuff there (forget the name of the area). We did know (not sure we happened to know or were actually advised) that the shuttle stops at a certain time. We were enjoying walking around and going in the few shops etc so we were past shuttle time. We knew it and paid for a taxi ourselves.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Just wanted to leave a quick update.

I heard back from the Hilton (though not Long Beach) presumably corporate customer service. They referred me to the Long Beach Hilton to ask directly about their packages. They also suggested I check the website for their specials.

I did call the Long Beach Hilton but was put into the voicemail for the Director of Revenue. I didn't have a chance to leave a message this time and will call back later.

In the mean time, I plugged in my dates of travel on the Long Beach Hilton reservation system and one of the options that did pop up was a Park and Cruise package for $189. So not advertised on the site, but apparently available if you are looking to make the actual reservation.

As an aside, I heard back from the Crowne Plaza San Pedro (where I stayed last time for a cruise leaving from San Pedro side) and they confirmed their $189 (king) $199 (2 doubles) Park and Sail package does include transportation to the Carnival port also.

2 years ago we stayed at the LB Hilton and had the cruise and park and the parking was covered but it was very limited so depending on what time u get there will u be able to get a covered parking... The hotel is beautiful though... This year we chose to stay at the Maya so we could watch the ship come in the morning of departure... And couldnt pass up the rate of 109 for a balcony and parking for entire cruise considering the parking at the pier is 105 for 7 days so its almost like getting the hotel free...

Archived