Miami Hotel...going insane trying to decide Intercontinental or Hyatt Summerfield

auggiemom

I have booked the Intercontinental however after reading some reviews about the area (maybe not so safe?) I'm a little hesitant. I also had thought about the Hyatt Summerfields Suites by the airport as this has gotten many good reviews. We are only staying one night and we will be traveling with my Mom and a friend of hers. Any suggestions, should be stay by the port or by the airport. Any suggestions would be great.

Please compare for me if you can.

I have booked the Intercontinental however after reading some reviews about the area (maybe not so safe?) I'm a little hesitant. I also had thought about the Hyatt Summerfields Suites by the airport as this has gotten many good reviews. We are only staying one night and we will be traveling with my Mom and a friend of hers. Any suggestions, should be stay by the port or by the airport. Any suggestions would be great.

The advantages of staying at Summerfield Suites is that you can get a 2 BR/2 BA suite with full kitchen and breakfast for everyone for a lot less money than one room at the IC. The IC is a somewhat a "sexier" location because it overlooks Biscayne Bay, but how much is a view outside the hotel for a few hours worth to you?

Parking is also free at Summerfield Suites so I would consider renting a car from Alamo and take their free shuttle to the POM after you drop it off.

Yes, that was my thinking as well. Thanks! I figure we have a ocean view on the ship for a week, so we should save some $$ on the hotel.

BINGO!

I would prefer not to rent a car, does anyone know how close some restaurants are?

There's not a lot of restaurants that are within walking distance because the area is spread out and occupied by hotels and corporate offices.

Any suggestions for a restaurant then, we could always call a cab. Not a problem there. The website says the hotel provides free shuttle service within a two mile radius, anything worth while within the two miles, or even a pizza place, that might deliver?

Was about to book the Intercontinental for an overnight precruise stay. Can you please tell why you think the area isn't safe? Thanks!

Just some things that I read on tripadvisor. However, I have never been in the area, so I don't really know. That is why I posted online. However, it now turned out to be cheaper to do the Hyatt Summerfield Suite two bedroom and split with my Mom/Friend. So, I did cancel the IC.

Any suggestions for a restaurant then, we could always call a cab. Not a problem there. The website says the hotel provides free shuttle service within a two mile radius, anything worth while within the two miles, or even a pizza place, that might deliver?

Go to googlemaps.com, put 5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, Florida, USA

33126 into the search box, click on the location marker/balloon, then click on "Search nearby" and put restaurants into the box.

Archived