Fantastic Fun on Fascination 2/19-2/24 including Discovery Launch....TONS of Pictures

tmt218

The adult hot tub

FascinationCruiseFeb2011185.jpg

VS the kid

FascinationCruiseFeb2011187.jpg

The adults hot tub was empty most of the time and the kids was always full. I do have to say that the kids did just sit and talk in their hot tub. It was so cute. There wasn't any horse play or swimming. You can also see the yellow caution tape. They were painting around the stage area.

FascinationCruiseFeb2011188.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011189.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011220.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011221.jpg

After staying at the pool for a few hours we decided to head to the cabin to read on the baclony. DD and her friend wanted to do the dress the contestant activity in camp. Off they went. They had so much fun. It's similar to the adult quest but for kids. They divide you into groups of four all girls or boys. You go from cabin to cabin getting items off a list. Some of the items were sunglasses, a pearl necklace, a mans shirt, a belt, and a mustache. They give you a set amount of time to be back and the team who has the most items win. The girls had a ton of fun. My DD said that it was the best activity she did.

So I sat on the balcony for a while reading my book. DD was at camp and DM was taking a nap. I grew bored and decided to go out to the upper decks and explore some.

The lighthouse

FascinationCruiseFeb2011172.jpg

Atlantis

FascinationCruiseFeb2011173.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011174.jpg

This is the new dock built for Oasis and now Allure. It's so long that it took 3 shots to get it all.

FascinationCruiseFeb2011176.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011177.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011178.jpg

Hey tmt218, great job on review ! I know it takes alot of time and effort to put these reviews together, really enjoying this.. :D

thanks so much,

Kelly :)

Your Welcome. Glad that you are enjoying it.

Great review, loving the pictures. I grew up in Nassau and it kills me to see the photos from the Betty K fire. I remember when the original straw market burned.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what kind of camera did you use? I'm thinking about a new one.... getting ideas.

thanks again!

Great review, loving the pictures. I grew up in Nassau and it kills me to see the photos from the Betty K fire. I remember when the original straw market burned.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what kind of camera did you use? I'm thinking about a new one.... getting ideas.

thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words. It is a shame about the fire. I hope they are open for business soon.

I used 2 cameras. The Canon D10 and the Canon Sx20 is which they don't make any more. Canon made a new improved one the Sx30 is. Most of my pictures are from the D10. The HMC pictures and the Nassau zoomed out pictures are from the Sx 20 is. You can find more info a couple of pages back in the review.

This reviewer has the same 2 cameras and her photos are awesome. I love the turtle pictures taken with the D10. I don't have any underwater pictures put her review will give you some idea how well they turn out.

HTH

Tanya

After walking around and enjoying the sunshine and sunset. We headed back to the cabin to people watch on our balcony. Soon it was time for dinner. Tonight I had 2 Shrimp cocktails

FascinationCruiseFeb2011127.jpg

Chateaubriand- I don't think people know what it is so they don't order it. Ha Ha. It was the best meal besides the lobster and the prime rib that I had.

FascinationCruiseFeb2011245.jpg

For dessert my favorite WCMC

FascinationCruiseFeb2011130.jpg

After DD went to camp. Tonight was the 3am all night party. She was excited about going but she was very tired. I had already signed her up earlier in the day. She was on the fence about going. I told her to go and I would check in on her late. DM and I headed to the Palace Theater. It was Liar's Club. They get 5 staff members for the panel. A real word is picked from the dictionary and they have to give the meaning. One is telling the truth and 4 are lying. The audience has to figure out who is teling the truth. Let me tell you it was hilarious. I have never laughed so hard. It was really good. I took pictures but they came out blurry. After that we walked around some more looking for what was going on. It was our first night out after dinner. We went to see what was going on in the piano bar Club 88. It was smokey in there and not much going on. Next was a stop at the disco Diamonds Are Forever. Nothing going on there. I have never seen a disco late at night with NO ONE in there. DM and I dance to Stayin Alive by the Bee Gees all by ourselves. We needed to shake our tailfeathers some. I know we are dorks but that's ok. No one saw us. We then headed over to the Puttin on the Ritz lounge for Karaoke Awesome with Jay. He was a hoot and so much fun. Not many people were there. Still fun though. We shut the place down at midnight. As we were leaving Jay was thanking his sponsors. Ha Ha. It was hilarious. We made our way up to Lido. Tonight was the Mega Deck Party and midnight Mexican buffet. This is where all the action was. We found a table and grabbed a few drinks and watched all the fun.

The Conga line-

FascinationCruiseFeb2011261.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011253.jpg

The Bridge

FascinationCruiseFeb2011256.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011264.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011262.jpg

Some line dancing too.

FascinationCruiseFeb2011266.jpg

The hot tub

FascinationCruiseFeb2011267.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011269.jpg

It was about 12:30AM and I decided to check in on DD. They were having pizza and ice cream in Coconuts Buffet. She looked terrible. Her eyes had dark circles under them. She was trying to stay awake with all her might. Poor thing. She wasn't with her friends that she made precruise and had hung around all cruise long. She wasn't having a good time. I had to pay the full amount for the party. It was 26.00 so Carnival made 11.00 off of me. If I would have picked her up 30 mins earlier I would have been charged the per hour rate. Mental note for next time.

We headed back to the cabin. Waiting for us was this

FascinationCruiseFeb2011247.jpg

That's all for tonight. I will start back tomorrow with our last sea day. Sniff Sniff.

Aww...thank you! It's interesting seeing the differences between the Inspiration and Fascination.

I was suprised to see the difference between The Sensation and the Fascination. I hope to get to sail the Inspiration before it leaves Tampa but doesn't look like that will happen.

Archived