miami priceline bids

lhall85917

We are cruising out of Miami in June and flying into FLL. I've looked through betterbidding and biddingfortravel for bids won in downtown Miami and it looks like several people have received the Hyatt downtown for $42 and up. I tried it today, but no success and I know it takes time. My question is, since we are more than 3 months away from our reservation, will I be more likely to get the rate I want if I wait a week or 2 until we are inside of 3 months? Is there a timeframe that seems to be better than others?

Thanks for all of the help... :D

Betterbidding.com discusses this topic quite extensively http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=ST&f=173&t=17& I had the same dilema your going thru for an upcoming trip to New Orleans. I started bidding 3 month's ago and finally got the price I was willing to pay yesterday. I feel I cut it too close as I'm leaving in a week. I did however have a cancellable reservation in place at the Marriott in case I couldn't get any decent prices on Priceline. Hope this helps. ;)

I use Priceline for about 90% of our travel and I never start bidding until about 3 weeks ahead. I always book a cancellable back-up as soon as our plans are definite and then just wait. I think really good deals are pretty hard to get if you book that far ahead, and there's no reason to use Priceline if you're not looking for a good deal!

Archived