Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

No, you'll have to tell me... :D

I'm going Nov. 9.

Alrighty then .... Lol

I will ,stay tuned and in 111 days more or less you should be hearing from me .

:D

I am staying in Miami for a few days

kind of like an extended vaca !!:p

Hoping to hear from some of Triumphs previous cruisers though

they must all be busy out there ...

This thread climbed right out of the archives! We are cruising the Triumph on December 7th for an anniversary cruise. We did the Victory in 2002 and loved the class so we want to try the Triumph. I'll be watching for the reviews!

We have about 40 days left & everyone is getting really excited around here!!! Spoke to my cousin this morning....this is her first cruise & she is nervously excited. She's going back & forth between :eek: & :D !

This is the 7th cruise on Carnival for me & dh, but the first on something other than the Fantasy class. This is the first cruise for our kids & they can't wait.

Towanda

We will be on the Triumph in March - this is my DH and my second cruise but this will be the first for our kids and my father and his wife & daughter. We haven't told the kids yet that we are doing this - I ordered personalized glass cruise ship ornaments with each of the islands on them and their names and we are going to have them open them and say it is an early Christmas gift -- I can't wait!! Now if the ornaments would just get here!! It is so hard not to talk about it!!!!

The kids will be so surprised

We will be on the Triumph in March - this is my DH and my second cruise but this will be the first for our kids and my father and his wife & daughter. We haven't told the kids yet that we are doing this - I ordered personalized glass cruise ship ornaments with each of the islands on them and their names and we are going to have them open them and say it is an early Christmas gift -- I can't wait!! Now if the ornaments would just get here!! It is so hard not to talk about it!!!!

The kids will be so surprised

We just told our younger 2 kids a few weeks ago. We booked the cruise last fall (Nov) & told them in June. They are 10 & 12. I told our older dd (17) because she had to schedule vacation time at work. It was really hard to not talk about it!! Especially as it got closer....had to get shirts for a group shot (17 of us going & 15 of us related by blood or marriage), something other than jeans/shorts for ds for dinners, etc. It really is a relief having them know! They are actually somewhat still in the dark as we haven't given them a departure date!

Towanda

In January it was Brad Calabrese....I don't know if he will still be there in December.

Here is a link to the Capers, they are from January of 08.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...84935825YybkRZ

I think that I found them ...that post didnt work for me though ...

I tried it this way:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562298844tqyNgg?vhost=good-times

;) Thanks

I love looking at the Food & Drink showcase:p and the Today at A Glance

I think that I found them ...that post didnt work for me though ...

I tried it this way:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562298844tqyNgg?vhost=good-times

;) Thanks

I love looking at the Food & Drink showcase:p and the Today at A Glance

Sorry about the link, it worked when I posted it...I checked it before I hit submit...

Thanks for finding a good one Carolinamamasita....:)

We were on the Triumph Feb 07 and will be going back in Feb 09. We booked at over 450 days and now only 221 days to go........ lol. I Loved our first cruise and am so looking forward to the second one. :D I'm glad this thread has been re-activated!! I look forward to reading more and more about the Triumph and getting closer to our date. We had a room on the Spa deck last time and it was awesome..... close to the Lido Deck. This time we are having an extended balcony room. Can't wait................;)

We just told our younger 2 kids a few weeks ago. We booked the cruise last fall (Nov) & told them in June. They are 10 & 12. I told our older dd (17) because she had to schedule vacation time at work. It was really hard to not talk about it!! Especially as it got closer....had to get shirts for a group shot (17 of us going & 15 of us related by blood or marriage), something other than jeans/shorts for ds for dinners, etc. It really is a relief having them know! They are actually somewhat still in the dark as we haven't given them a departure date!

Towanda

I know what your mean so I'm hoping the ornaments come soon so our oldest 18yo daughter will have plenty of time to save up and get some clothes for it - we booked the cruise over our spring break so we knew she would be out of college at that time. It is just too hard to wait!!!!

I know that the Triumph and the Victory are the same class so I am going to assume things are set up basically the same way on both ships save for the different decor. We really loved the Victory back in 2002. We stayed on the Lido Deck and hope we end up with a room in the same area on the Triumph. Loved the view from our balcony!! We have a Balcony Gty for this cruise and so far it is still listed as TBA for our stateroom.

We were on the Triumph Feb 07 and will be going back in Feb 09. We booked at over 450 days and now only 221 days to go........ lol. I Loved our first cruise and am so looking forward to the second one. :D I'm glad this thread has been re-activated!! I look forward to reading more and more about the Triumph and getting closer to our date. We had a room on the Spa deck last time and it was awesome..... close to the Lido Deck. This time we are having an extended balcony room. Can't wait................;)

Just saw you had a room on the spa level. Was it a floor to ceiling window? We are torn between the balcony room or the ocean view room on the spa level. We usually get a balcony room, but never have been up high, and noticed the room was 235 sq ft vs. 185 sq ft for the balcony. We are going to go on the 1.11.2009 out of Miami for our anniversary with some friends that are first time cruisers. Any more info from any past cruisers would be great! Not much out there for the Triumph.

My whole family loves the Triumph. We've spent the last two Thanksgivings on her. For our first trip we had a cat. 11 suite, which was fantastic. It was on the 7th deck. (location perfect). On our first Triumph cruise, we had Wee Jimmy, who we thought was funny. We had a fun time with him onboard.

The second time on the Triumph we really loved our waiters David and Jerome. I've never beent treated so well by any waiter or waiters. They anticipated our every need. We tipped the very well the last night!! The cabin we had on that trip wasn't like the suite, but we weren't in it very much.

Highlights for the Triumph: The on deck parties were a blast. (wish they had more) The dining rooms. We ate almost all meals there. The buffet offers too much temptation to overdo..:rolleyes: We used the stairs instead of the elevators to get more exercise. The coffee bar has wonderful cakes. The library is a good place to relax. I wish I'd taken a picture of my husband snoozing in there. Club Rio usually has a great band playing. The Venezia has a more intimate feel. We found a terrific group playing in there one night.

Have a fun time!! I'd go again on the Triumph in a heartbeat!!

My whole family loves the Triumph. We've spent the last two Thanksgivings on her. For our first trip we had a cat. 11 suite, which was fantastic. It was on the 7th deck. (location perfect). On our first Triumph cruise, we had Wee Jimmy, who we thought was funny. We had a fun time with him onboard.

The second time on the Triumph we really loved our waiters David and Jerome. I've never beent treated so well by any waiter or waiters. They anticipated our every need. We tipped the very well the last night!! The cabin we had on that trip wasn't like the suite, but we weren't in it very much.

Highlights for the Triumph: The on deck parties were a blast. (wish they had more) The dining rooms. We ate almost all meals there. The buffet offers too much temptation to overdo..:rolleyes: We used the stairs instead of the elevators to get more exercise. The coffee bar has wonderful cakes. The library is a good place to relax. I wish I'd taken a picture of my husband snoozing in there. Club Rio usually has a great band playing. The Venezia has a more intimate feel. We found a terrific group playing in there one night.

Have a fun time!! I'd go again on the Triumph in a heartbeat!!

Wow it sounds like it will be a great time. We are still over 300 days out but I am online each day and i buzz my PVP at least 2x each month to find out if there are any changes.

I was wonderin if anyone has any experience with 5 ppl sharing a room on the Triumph?

Wow it sounds like it will be a great time. We are still over 300 days out but I am online each day and i buzz my PVP at least 2x each month to find out if there are any changes.

I was wonderin if anyone has any experience with 5 ppl sharing a room on the Triumph?

Sounds like you and I are in the same "boat" HA HA - we are sailing with 5 people in a balcony room also and I'm wondering if we will be stepping on each other? We have a little shorter wait than you but it still seems like FOREVER!!!!

Yayy! A Triumph thread! My fam and I will be on her Oct 26.. getting close! We are a family of 5 as well, I'm expecting it to be crowded, and if I'm pleasantly surprised with a tad more room, all the better! We were in an OV which was a little bit bigger room, but my FIL offered to upgrade us to a balcony (Go Dad!!) But I'll take being squished with a balcony!! 2 of my kids are little ( 2 and 1) so I think we'll do ok.. plus my FIL is staying in a room by himself right next door - we're gonna use his extra space for "storage" HaHa!

Just booked the Triumph for a Western Caribbean on Nov 30. I'll be flying in a day early, just in case. Anyone know of an inexpensive/safe hotel that has a shuttle from the airport and to the dock? I prefer something with a restaurant in or very near the hotel since I'll be landing after 6 p.m.

Can't wait!

Kathy

Just saw you had a room on the spa level. Was it a floor to ceiling window? We are torn between the balcony room or the ocean view room on the spa level. We usually get a balcony room, but never have been up high, and noticed the room was 235 sq ft vs. 185 sq ft for the balcony. We are going to go on the 1.11.2009 out of Miami for our anniversary with some friends that are first time cruisers. Any more info from any past cruisers would be great! Not much out there for the Triumph.

The spa balcony room was great!! Very roomy and very quiet up there. We never really felt any movement...... Loved the room and the view:) We have never had a balcony room so not sure about comparison. But we will have an extended room balcony in Feb. when we sail again! :D The spa room was very close to the Lido deck and like I said.....great room, great view!! I know Triumph is going into drydock in Sept. and have heard a rumor that the spa deck rooms were being turned into balcony rooms but I am not sure..... Anyone know for sure?????

DSCF0261.jpg.cbea0a377f01c0c7af1621904b0f0fd0.jpg

Hey all, I have sailed the Triumph back in 06.. I know she has been reworked since then however here goes.. we had a balcony on Deck 8 amid ships, starboard side.. Great cabin.. The ship itself was in pretty good shape, some of the carpet was a tad worn however that was just before a refit.. The ship was clean and the crew was pretty good for the most part.. I agree with another poster that the CD was rather loud. Paul something or other was his name..

The only thing I can think of that was of a bad experience. Deck 4, elevator lobby between the dinning room and the cigar lounge, after about half the cruise there was a pretty bad smell in this lobby.. I want to say it reminded me of rotting garbage.. Other than that though, it was a great cruise and we are going on the Valor next year..

Yippee, first aft balcony...

Archived