Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

Just booked the Triumph for a Western Caribbean on Nov 30. I'll be flying in a day early, just in case. Anyone know of an inexpensive/safe hotel that has a shuttle from the airport and to the dock? I prefer something with a restaurant in or very near the hotel since I'll be landing after 6 p.m.

Can't wait!

Kathy

Try the comfort inn at Lauderdale airport...

The spa balcony room was great!! Very roomy and very quiet up there. We never really felt any movement...... Loved the room and the view:) We have never had a balcony room so not sure about comparison. But we will have an extended room balcony in Feb. when we sail again! :D The spa room was very close to the Lido deck and like I said.....great room, great view!! I know Triumph is going into drydock in Sept. and have heard a rumor that the spa deck rooms were being turned into balcony rooms but I am not sure..... Anyone know for sure?????

I heard the same thing from my PVP. They will be converted to Balcony's like the Victory was. Check out the deck plans on the Spa Deck of the Victory to see.

Just booked the Triumph for a Western Caribbean on Nov 30. I'll be flying in a day early, just in case. Anyone know of an inexpensive/safe hotel that has a shuttle from the airport and to the dock? I prefer something with a restaurant in or very near the hotel since I'll be landing after 6 p.m.

Can't wait!

Kathy

Hi Kathy

I know that La Quinta in Miami

and Best Wetern On The Bay Inn & Marina

both offer shuttles to /from airport

also transportation to the cruise port

I will be staying at Best Western :) for my upcoming cruise

and they also offer deluxe Continental Breakfast and have a cool

Bar & grill right there that the cruisers hang out at , called Schooners , I do believe.

:cool:

Hi Kathy

I know that La Quinta in Miami

and Best Wetern On The Bay Inn & Marina

both offer shuttles to /from airport

also transportation to the cruise port

I will be staying at Best Western :) for my upcoming cruise

and they also offer deluxe Continental Breakfast and have a cool

Bar & grill right there that the cruisers hang out at , called Schooners , I do believe.

:cool:

Thanks! I stayed at La Quinta last December and was less than impressed. This looks much better plus it's on the water. The price is about the same. Best Western has started charging $5 for the shuttle to the port. The airport shuttle is still free. I'm going to give it a try!

Since there are a lot of folks who've been on the Triumph, I have another question. 2202 and 2201 on Main deck look like they are larger than the average 1A cabin. If anyone has stayed in one of those, can you let me know what they're like? I know they don't have port holes like some of the other 1A's. Any info is appreciated!

Kathy

My mother & i just booked ocean view on the Triiumph June 25 2009. 4 night cruise to St John, New Brunswick. We have relatives going with us - theres a group of 9 cabins. I believe this will be her first cruise. Ive been on NCL (inside cabin) and DCL (verandah).

My mother & i just booked ocean view on the Triiumph June 25 2009. 4 night cruise to St John, New Brunswick. We have relatives going with us - theres a group of 9 cabins. I believe this will be her first cruise. Ive been on NCL (inside cabin) and DCL (verandah).

We are also interested in this cruise in August 2009 for our group of 9 cabins. Did you arrange this through Carnival or through a travel agent? What kind of perks or discounts did you get for having a group? Thanks!

We are also interested in this cruise in August 2009 for our group of 9 cabins. Did you arrange this through Carnival or through a travel agent? What kind of perks or discounts did you get for having a group? Thanks!

I always book my group cruises directly with Carnival Group Reservations, because you only need to fill 5 cabins.

Everyone can make their payments directly with Carnival that way.

They give you so many points for your sailing

and if you get 5 or more cabins ...you can choose from onboard credit and other group amentities :D

call 1-866-721-3225 for more info & help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, Just a quick bit of information for everyone. I have been following John Healds blog lately and had a chance to ask him what was going to be done to the Triumph when it goes into DryDock this fall. I recieved an answer from him. The Lido Deck will get the Seaside theater and many of the public rooms will be refurbished...

Thanks Gary

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this thread just isnt as popular ,

as the other ships threads:confused:

Are there any recent cruisers from the triumph out there ?

Is there any cruisers soon to be cruising out there ?

Where is everybody at? LOL

Can anyone remember when on the Triumph you went for a few drinks and meeting people?

Do they have the Singles Meet & Greets on the Triumph ?

does anyone remember?

We have booked three balcony cabins on the Upper deck on Triumph-#6407, 6409, and 6411. Does anyone know what is located directly across from our rooms? There are no inside cabins there. Looking at the Uupper deck on the website it just shows a big blank space. I'm sure something is there. Anyone know what?

Thanks

We have booked three balcony cabins on the Upper deck on Triumph-#6407, 6409, and 6411. Does anyone know what is located directly across from our rooms? There are no inside cabins there. Looking at the Uupper deck on the website it just shows a big blank space. I'm sure something is there. Anyone know what?

Thanks

I know it says this :

LAUNDRY ROOM Upper Deck 6 : across from cabins 6387 and 6389

Ice Machines Upper Deck 6 : across from cabins 6209 and 6360

maybe I will have to look at the floorplan ...

or perhaps someone else may know ?

Hi,

I've booked the Nov 30 sailing and will be writing a travel log during the trip that I'll be happy to share if anyone wants it. Also, if you have specific questions, I'll do my best to get answers for you. Can't wait!

Kathy Q

I was wondering if any of the Past Triumph cruisers

for the Western Itinerary have their capers

that they might be willing to post and share with everybody ?

Anyone ?

:confused:

DITTO

We are booked on the Oct 5-12, 2008 sailing.

I guess this thread just isnt as popular ,

as the other ships threads:confused:

Are there any recent cruisers from the triumph out there ?

Is there any cruisers soon to be cruising out there ?

Where is everybody at? LOL

Can anyone remember when on the Triumph you went for a few drinks and meeting people?

Do they have the Singles Meet & Greets on the Triumph ?

does anyone remember?

I sailed this itenerary last August 4th-11th. Yes, they do offer a singles meet & greet. It was posted in the capers for the first day at 11:30pm in the piano bar. I have seen it posted in the capers for the Valor and the Liberty as well so I'm thinking it's probably something they have on all the ships. Now last year on the Triumph they only list one meet and greet for singles but on the Valor it's listed as an every night event at 11:30. Aboard the Valor they also list meet and greets for various other groups at different locations on the ship but I do not see anything like that listed for the Triumph. Because, the capers are from last year that may have changed. There will definatly be a meet and greet for singles on the first night at 11:30.

If you have other questions that you would like me to check my capers for just let me know and I'll try to help you. :)

Anyone know if and where self ice machines are on deck 7?

I have a group in all the aft cabins for New England Sept 2009, a long 404 days to wait.

There are no self service ice machines on any of the ships other than those offered on the Lido decks at the beverage areas. Some posters mention the ice machines as they prefer to stay away from those areas based on potential noise.

Anyone know if and where self ice machines are on deck 7?

I have a group in all the aft cabins for New England Sept 2009, a long 404 days to wait.

7th deck :

ice machines:Empress Deck 7 : across from cabins 7391 and 7201

laundry rooms :Empress Deck 7 : across from cabins 7341 and 7343

Hope that helps you out some !!;)

I sailed this itenerary last August 4th-11th. Yes, they do offer a singles meet & greet. It was posted in the capers for the first day at 11:30pm in the piano bar. I have seen it posted in the capers for the Valor and the Liberty as well so I'm thinking it's probably something they have on all the ships. Now last year on the Triumph they only list one meet and greet for singles but on the Valor it's listed as an every night event at 11:30. Aboard the Valor they also list meet and greets for various other groups at different locations on the ship but I do not see anything like that listed for the Triumph. Because, the capers are from last year that may have changed. There will definatly be a meet and greet for singles on the first night at 11:30.

If you have other questions that you would like me to check my capers for just let me know and I'll try to help you. :)

I appreciate that info very much

I was looking at the caper site ... and they only had the eastern Itinerary posted for the Triumph ... but I did not see any meet & greet for the first night ...so I am relieved now ,

Thank you very much :)

Archived