Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

Here is a nice LIVE night shot as she waits to cruise this saturday!

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/fourseasons/camera1&pan=-22.79383&tilt=-4.290496&panfov=1.8043479&tiltfov=1.3532609&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1131561885238&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalogname=catalog&imagemap.x=-281&imagemap.y=-211&imagemap.w=1203&imagemap.h=902

Someone from one of the Triumph roll-calls said their rep from Carnival told them there would be some exciting new surprises for their cruise this saturday since she has been in drydock for 20 days.

We also have Dave from England who will be on the ship tomorrow and is going to let us all know what has happened to her. He said definitely new upholstery etc and moving the stage under cover up on Lido.

Wonder what exciting surprises may be?????:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you read some of the reviews since the Triumph came out of Dry Dock? One person said they did not have time to lay all of the carpet - sure hope they get this done before we get on in January.

What excursions are people doing on the Eastern Caribbean?

BP, I just got off the sailing starting the 19th I can assure you when we boarded all the lovely new carpet was down... you'll see a lot of light blue and browns with the usual splash of colors in the clubs. I'm on page 6 of my review, so it's taking longer than I thought.

EXCELLENT cruise as always,

issues- main pool closed several times having become a huge "wave" pool when the ship was hardly moving... coffee machines broken or not producing coffee in the morning... only one on the whole lido deck(only lasts about 15 minutes each day, they said due to pressure problems), they had the pool closed another day to tear it down, weld for awhile then by 1pm it was back again and the sports bar which is an overdecorated joke... no sports, stats... nothing but CSI at night.

if that's all that ails them.... ok by me, a few other quirky things... but regular blips and blunders that can happen anywhere anytime....

so relax... she is beautiful and ready for you!

review to come soon, although long winded!

carol

BP, I just got off the sailing starting the 19th I can assure you when we boarded all the lovely new carpet was down... you'll see a lot of light blue and browns with the usual splash of colors in the clubs. I'm on page 6 of my review, so it's taking longer than I thought.

EXCELLENT cruise as always,

issues- main pool closed several times having become a huge "wave" pool when the ship was hardly moving... coffee machines broken or not producing coffee in the morning... only one on the whole lido deck(only lasts about 15 minutes each day, they said due to pressure problems), they had the pool closed another day to tear it down, weld for awhile then by 1pm it was back again and the sports bar which is an overdecorated joke... no sports, stats... nothing but CSI at night.

if that's all that ails them.... ok by me, a few other quirky things... but regular blips and blunders that can happen anywhere anytime....

so relax... she is beautiful and ready for you!

review to come soon, although long winded!

carol

Carol -

Looking forward to reading your review!!

I have sailed on the Triumph twice and loved her both times! I actually considered Triumph again for my upcoming cruise on 1/28/06 but went with Glory so I could try a different ship and also the itinerary visits 2 ports of call that I have never been to.

I LOVE reading Triumph reviews anytime though! She was my first cruise, my first moments of Cruise Addiction and will always be my "first love" ship ;)

Sounds like your review is going to be a really thorough and enjoyable read! Hope that you have some photos as well! Would love to see the changes they made in drydock.

Thanks Duck for bringing this thread back up!

My alarm is going off at 2am and should be in Miami by noon and on the Triumph 24 hours later.....yee-ha!! Cannot wait and plan a detailed review also with a lot of pics....

getting readay to pack the final big item...my laptop...

Talk to everyone soon....:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I just got back today from the Triumph 7 day western cruise. We had the all time best cruise experience! The Triumph is very well kept and the staff seems to be treated very well because they have a very positive vibe about them!

Yes... I took my husband and son to see the secret doors yesterday and they were not locked at all. We had a perfect view of where we were heading, and when we looked behind us and up, we saw the captain looking at us from the bridge! He waved and smiled and we took a picture of him!

The CD Matt did his job so well. He made very few announcements so did not interrupt our relaxation. He is very funny and knows how to do his job very well.

We did the self assist disembark because we had a flight at 11:30. I worried about this flight for many months, and it was all for nothing! The call came at 7:10 am, and we went down to the 3 rd deck. We walked off and got a taxi and were at the airport by 7:50 am! We were the first ones to check in! We were so early! Everything went so smoothly and we miss this holiday so much! Anyone going on the Triumph...you are going to be very happy! Enjoy!!!

Happy New Year!

Just to echo Jspirit, a great time!!

We are family of 6 (kids 21,19,15,10)

First timers for us ... so dont have any thing to compare to but we all had a fantastic time . The weather was awesome, 80/85 all week .

We had 2 rooms 7262 and 7264. great job by all the staff on the ship.

Plenty of great photo opportunities to be had as well.

Dining (Paris 8pm) was a treat and should not be missed.

Our routine for disembark , we had a 2pm flight. We brought our carry on's to the dinning room at 8 am. Had a great breakfast. Then went up to the 9th lido and waited for the call. They started calling top floors first. About 930,got called ,went down to the 3rd deck and walked off and got a taxi and were at the airport by 10:30 am!

No problems ! Everything went so smoothly.

Anyone going on the Triumph...you are going to be very happy!:) Enjoy!!!

Happy New Year

I am looking at booking the Triumph for a Christmas cruise Dec of 06.

What is the new decor like? I just got off the Victory Dec 25th and its a beautiful ship as well. It wasnt gawdy or wild looking. We had a great time, only that we didnt get into Caymen :(

Thanks a bunch

Stacy

Just go to the very front of the hallway on deck 6 or 7. Turn to your left or right , right at the end. There are 2 doors to open, and then there you are! When you stand at the front . make sure you spread your arms wide, and you will look like you are in the movie Titanic ( LOL!).

It is so beautiful out there!

K2W... we were on the verandah... 8233 & 8237. I wonder if our kids met during the week? I am glad to hear that lou also loved it. We were so lucky with the weather! All the tendering ports were open to us, though the day before, they were not! We met people from a RC cruise in grand cayman, and they had rain in Jamaica the day before. I can't believe how fantastic the weather was the entire time!!

We also had the 8 pm dining. What table were you at?

If Fam6 is reading this... sorry we never got top meet. After the muster drill we went right up to deck 12 to meet at the Club o2, but so many people were there because the ship was late leaving, so we couldn't tell who was who. Were any of you there? We were on the right side of the ship.

My husband bought some nice souvenirs at the art auctions! I loved walking the deck on 12. Having the whole world around you and the beautiful sea breeeze... it didn't feel like exercise at all!

Anyone else just back from the Dec.24 sailing? I miss it so much!

Sorry I got the name a little wrong!

Did you see the hypnotist? The early show for us late diners... it was unbelievable! I didn't want to leave to go to dinner! What a great guy he was!

Also, the guest talent show was fantastic! Did you catch that, or go to the karioke with dave from England?

Bring an old credit card of no value that you can use for your safe key. You do not want to use your S&S card! Also, it is better not to use a real crdit card in case you lose it. Sometimes a gift card works , or another kind with a stripe on the back. We did try unsuccessfully to use an old hotel card, but I guess they deactivated it when we checked out. Oh well.

Have a great time!

Archived