Carnival Triumph Past, Present, and Future!!!

Juice- that is my only complaint concerning the breakfast buffet. The juice machines were down most days, coffee down somedays. Plently of milk available. You could order drinks or juice, but you know you have to pay for them. Hopefully this was only on the Jan. 28 sailing.

I thought room service juices were free (besides the tip) Where did you order juice and have to pay for it?

Do you happen to recall which juices are available in the morning? On the pride they had guava which I love so hoping the triumph has it too.

Just got off the Triumph yesterday (boo hoo!):(

Your favorite juice (along with mine and my daughter's) is there every morning, along with orange, apple & something else. Can't remember what it would have been. Never drank it.

But get it in the mroning. Even though the Pool-area buffets were open until noon, the drink fountains were converted over before then. Then, fruit punch, iced tea, lemonade & I think, apple juice, were available until the next morning.

Thank you. I hope you had a great time. Did you do eastern or western?

Just got off the Triumph yesterday (boo hoo!):(

Your favorite juice (along with mine and my daughter's) is there every morning, along with orange, apple & something else. Can't remember what it would have been. Never drank it.

But get it in the mroning. Even though the Pool-area buffets were open until noon, the drink fountains were converted over before then. Then, fruit punch, iced tea, lemonade & I think, apple juice, were available until the next morning.

Anyone ever been in the rooms at the front next to the "Secret Door" (deck 6)They look triangle shaped on the deck plan. I am booked into this room on a future cruise (upgraded from inside to this ocean view/obstructed cabin). Would love any info on the room if someone has stayed in them before

You will love the Triumph. High spots? For us it was the room. Located on the Panorama deck just one room from the deck. Very large and perfectly located. Othe than there the highlights really depend on your preferences. The wait staff was the best we've ever encountered. We fell in love with them. The ship is clean and in great shape. We enjoyed the live music in the bar near the back (forget the name) near the karaoke. Karaoke is very big on this ship also. Whether you want a quiet time in the library or OXford lounge, or a rip roaring time with live music, you'll find it here. The show stage is exquisite as well with very good productions.

We went last December to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. In Cozumel (we were also there last week on Princess), the pier is destroyed so you have to tender in aboard a huge boat which takes a long time to load and unload. This is a bit of an annoyance but luckily Cozumel is getting better and better after recovering from hurricane Wilma. Here we just shopped. Take a cab for 6$ down town and ther is tons of shopping. A friend of ours hired a cab to go to the other side of the island for laying in the sun and snorkelling and they loved that as well. On Grand Cayman we shopped a little and visited Stingray city. It was the highlight of the cruise for my wife. he stingrays are very docile and everywhere. On Jamaica we went river tubing which was my favorite. They took us deep into the hilly jungles to a pristine spot to float down the river on inner tubes. It was very fun and relaxing yet still exciting. As for Dunns river Falls, we did that a couple of years ago and although it's an interesting feature, we didn't care much for it as there are hundreds of people all in a line holding hands and afterwards you are inundated with venders puching their wares on you. The worst we've ever experienced. Another fun excursion we've done in years past is Chuka Cove horeback riding where you get to gallop on horsback knee deep through the ocean. Not that was great. WHatever you decide, you'll have a great time and enjoy a very, very nice ship.

:D Kewl... I am booked on the same Triumph cruise and there are a couple of others from the board going too... did you check out the roll call section? I had a balcony on the Victory last time... but this time I am settling for an Inside as I spent all my time on the deck or on shore ....

Anybody have a magic wand to make the time pass faster?

• 2 weeks later...

I was really happy to see this thread and was thrilled to see all the port and ship reviews.

We are a a group of 3 families - 3 adults, 5 teens between ages of 14-18 and 2 pre-teens (ages 11 and 12). None of us have cruised before and we have booked the Triumph for August 5th on the Western Caribbean.

I have a couple of questions because some of the posts seem to contradict each other. In Cozumel is the island still battered by last year's hurricane. If so, what are the better type of shore excursions for this large and active group. My DH is thinking we should go to one of the beaches and see if we can rent Skeedoos but I'm not sure if they have any restrictions regarding age and driver's licenses. I haven't really decided what excursion to take in Grand Cayman although I think I am leaning toward the stingrays. Does anybody have any recommendations about the Dunn River Falls and Royal Dolphin Swim excursion - is it worth the money?

I would also love to hear from anyone with teens as to whether or not they had a good time on the ship - I am planning to let them have a little freedom but not sure how close an eye I need to keep on them. They are all boys and fairly mature but not sure if I'm ready to just let them come and go as they please. I have already made the rule that dinners and shore excursions are family time so we'll see.

I would also love to hear from those who have recently been on the Triumph. My understanding is that since its refurbishing, it's been nicer than ever. Any hints as far as getting seats around the pool during the day, things first time cruisers should know, etc. I am obviously really excited and have pretty much taken on the role of finding out info for everyone else in our group.;)

Thanks.

Don't try to get a seat by the pool on sea days. The hogs will be out saving chairs. There are plenty of seats in the sun on the higher decks. It just amazes me people "save" chairs and don't use them?

We did not take our teens, but I noticed the ones on board were well behaved and having a great time. The arcade and teen club were very popular spots. I had a view into the teen area from my seat in the adult dance club everynight. All was well with the teens.

Hope this helps!

Don't try to get a seat by the pool on sea days. The hogs will be out saving chairs. There are plenty of seats in the sun on the higher decks. It just amazes me people "save" chairs and don't use them?

We did not take our teens, but I noticed the ones on board were well behaved and having a great time. The arcade and teen club were very popular spots. I had a view into the teen area from my seat in the adult dance club everynight. All was well with the teens.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your help - I really appreciated your comment regarding the teens - it eases my mind.

We are going on this cruise as well, and this is our 1st, how did you book your Dunns fall excursion, new to cruising ..thanks

I haven't booked any excursions yet but I know that you can book it through the Carnival website. If you go to your reservation and then click on the shore excursions, you can book from there. Others may have some different suggestions

Bahami,

The kids will have a blast...Our 2 kids had so much fun last year on the glory....You can definantly let them hang out in the arcade and teen area..They will meet so many friends....We are bringing 2 -12 yr olds and 1- 15 & 1 -16 yr olds..(This time we are bringing 2 of their friends with us).. You should Join our roll call the link is at the bottom of my post...

Our family is going on the Triumph Western Caribbean 7/8/06. The planning is a lot of work but I know the trip will be a blast. We're arriving in Miami Wednesday night and staying on the beach until Saturday morning.

The kids will be 16, 14, 11, and 6 and have never been on a cruise before. My husband and I had our first cruise last year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We were on the Fantasy and loved it. We will have connecting rooms on the Triumph.

We're looking forward to our trip on the Triumph and I love reading what everyone has to say about it.

I have to giggle every time I hear that little guy say "I'm too excited to sleep!" It's killing me cuz we don't sail on the Triumph until Dec 2. I'm too excited to sleep too! :p And every time I hear the Carnival commercial on TV I go a bit Nutzo too. Sigh.....:o

Kathy in beautiful, warm, 60* northern Maine

Have you seen the comercial on TV for Disney where the kids cant sleep "Cause we're too excited" Then the dad says to the mom that he cant sleep cause he is too excited too....well its 4 am and guess what I cant sleep cause....

IM TOO EXCITED!! :D

Kathy - If you like the commericial on TV - which I love to hear it - then go buy Barry Manilow's new album "Greatest Songs from the Fifties". The last song on the CD is "Beyond the Sea". !!:D The first time I heard it - I was shocked - didn't even realize it was a popular song! Now I can play it over, and over - whenever I need a cruise "fix"!!

Your teens will have a great time - they will meet lots of other people. I would strongly suggest you go to the Ports of Call section of this website and visit the islands on your itinerary. You will get great ideas for what excursions are popular and who to book them through. Independent excursions are less crowded and less expensive - usually done by experienced cruisers (you learn by trial and error). Alot of first time cruisers book their excursions through the cruise line. Don't be afraid if you book independent as long as you use someone reputable. They depend wholly on the tourists for business and wouldn't be recommended if they weren't reliable.

Definitely take your kids to Stingray City of you are doing a Western itinerary. It is not to be missed! Also, if you are going to Jamaica, do an independent tour of Dunns River Falls. The kids will have a blast and you usually get there before the big cruise tour groups arrive.

Hope some of this helps!

Archived