Masonic Meetings QE2

hargs

They probably do.......but you would have to scan the daily program and uncover the code words........e.g. '5 p.m. - Friends of Dorothy Meeting' which I noticed on our last trip. Of course, if you read the code wrong who knows what you might get yourself into!

Yes they do hold meetings on QE2 for Freemasons, you need to check the daily programme and you will find it hidden there somewhere.

I recall on previous voyages it would be an informal get together in one of the quiet bars and a member of the cruise staff would be there to offer some drinks and to get a note of your names and your mothers name( for security!!) as well and then they would return with a printed sheet on QE2 branded paper showing all those that attended.

On one of my voyages l attended as a newbe and there was a another much higher PGM from my same area, talk about a small world, guess we do get everywhere!!!!

A suggestion if I may, if there are a few of you its quite nice to arrange with the photographer and get a group photo on possibly a formal night.

Like I say its an informal get together with no regalia etc, the only thing was the Goat was in the kennels and could be heard stomping pretty loudly!!!!

Friends of Dorothy parties were always something else!!! and as for the regalia that was worn at that parties, sometimes it would outshine even the finest at the Captains parties !!!! I always eagerly await my gilt edged invite slipped under the door for this unique party

As for Bill W l think a lot of us seasoned cruises should sing up the last day, im sure we could all do with it !!!!!

Cheers everybody,

Myles (cunardqueen)

Friends of Bill is code for an A/A meeting. Bill was the founder of alcoholics anonymous.

Well I never knew that!

Here was me, trying to sneak into the "Friends of Bill" meetings all the way to Hawaii, when all along I didnt realise I qualified to walk in through the front door with the rest of them.

Bugger! :D :D

Now that was one meeting I never dared gatecrash.

David.

David,

I can think of many scarier meetings!

Like people who recently re-elected....but don't get me started.......

BTW.....although I have not yet sailed on the QM2....I have heard of the Commodore lounge being referred to as the Commodorothy Lounge.....

Sounds like a fine place for Dry Martinis to me!

Peter

Archived