Cenotes

Thanks for your response Mr. Lawson. We are looking at the ones in Cuzama. Chriss's tours said he was going to offer one. I'm worried about the time constraint. We're arriving in Progresso on March 21 at 7 am and leaving at 3 pm. Chriss said it was 1 hour 20 minutes to the site and another 1 hour 20 minutes back with 3 hours at the place with the carts that take you to the cenotes. So a tour of approximately 6 hours. I've read many posts from you and would appreciate your thoughts...

you can take a cab to the ones in Dzib(can't spell it) and swim there. It's really close to the port so it won't take your whole day. The admission 10 or under per person and includes ruins. YucatanToday can show you pics

Laurie - I am in the process of designing some excursions and that is one of them. The drive is indeed a little long, but keep in mind that it is not obligatory to visit all THREE cenotes because of the time constraints. I have done this with some friends who came in off the boat and we swam in two of them and still had plenty of time to get back to the port and even browse the trinkets on sale there.

Does this help?

Laurie - I am in the process of designing some excursions and that is one of them. The drive is indeed a little long, but keep in mind that it is not obligatory to visit all THREE cenotes because of the time constraints. I have done this with some friends who came in off the boat and we swam in two of them and still had plenty of time to get back to the port and even browse the trinkets on sale there.

Does this help?

When will you be offering your excursions? I am very much interested in the cenotes, and would love to use you.

Archived