ES and Cancel for Any Reason Ins??

MrsMMark

What is the downside of booking Early Saver and then buying "Cancel for Any Reason" travel insurance to allow a late cancellation? (Assuming the two together are cheaper than or around the same as the next higher rate?) Has anyone used cancel for any reason insurance? What's the catch?

What is the downside of booking Early Saver and then buying "Cancel for Any Reason" travel insurance to allow a late cancellation? (Assuming the two together are cheaper than or around the same as the next higher rate?) Has anyone used cancel for any reason insurance? What's the catch?

The Carnival Policy (not necessarily recommended!)now includes 75% future Cruise CREDIT Cancel for any reason coverage.

Other Policies you have to closely read the coverage for the particular policy - most do not cover 100%, some cover a flat 80%, some cover a range of 50% to 80% depending when you cancel (usually the later you cancel the lower the percentage). The premium is usually 50% extra and you have to purchase usually w/in 14 days or so of your Cruise deposit. I believe The premium SafeGuard Policy includes cancel for any reason coverage. ken

I just booked Early Saver for Glory March 18, 2012 and was told that if I had to cancel or change, I would lose $50 per passenger... of the $250 per passenger we had to put down as a deposit... To me that didn't seem to bad based on the rate I got...

I hope thats right....

I just booked Early Saver for Glory March 18, 2012 and was told that if I had to cancel or change, I would lose $50 per passenger... of the $250 per passenger we had to put down as a deposit... To me that didn't seem to bad based on the rate I got...

I hope thats right....

But also be aware that the remaining deposit(s) (after the $50.00 p/p fee is deducted) can only be used as a future cruise credit that must be taken within 2 years, and be the same passengers on the original booking. No money is refunded back to you.

Archived