What to take in our carry on...

saks

Sailing in 17 days---YAY!!! What do we need to put in our carry on's? We aren't flying to our port, we are driving, so that's not an issue. Do we need to carry on our drinks or can we put them in our bags to be taken to our rooms? How about our alcohol? Shampoo, hairspray, etc? I've heard so many things that I'm 100% confussed!! Help!!:confused:

Sailing in 17 days---YAY!!! What do we need to put in our carry on's? We aren't flying to our port, we are driving, so that's not an issue. Do we need to carry on our drinks or can we put them in our bags to be taken to our rooms? How about our alcohol? Shampoo, hairspray, etc? I've heard so many things that I'm 100% confussed!! Help!!:confused:

You need a carry on for your drinks (coke/water ect) for your wine ect. You are not supposed to bring alcohol with the exception of the wine you are allowed for how many are in your cabin, and no you cant count kids. Some will tell you to smuggle, we just use BV where they will have the alcohol waiting in your cabin. I dont care for the shampoo but there is shampoo in the bathroom other things you must bring yourself.

Any prescription medication you might need in the original bottles should be in your carry on. If something happens to your luggage and you don't have it, you still have any medication you might need. I also put my passport, funpass, etc. in my carry on.

Well, you don't HAVE to take a carry-on at all, if you don't want....or need..to. Everything (with the exception of soda and wine) can go into your checked luggage.

Most people do have a carry-on, though, and in it are things that they "can't live without", either on the first day (when the rest of your luggage might be slow to make it to your cabin), or for the entire trip -- medications, expensive jewelry, electronic gear, their cruise documents (including passport or drivers license and picture ID), a swimsuit (assuming they're going on a warm-weather cruise!), sometimes a change of clothes.

The stuff you heard about shampoo, hairspray, other liquids applies to *air travel*, not boarding the ship, so if you really need that stuff the first day, then it should go into your carry-on, too.

Note, though, that you can't bring hard liquor on board, either in your carry-on or in your checked luggage. Most of the cruise lines allow water and soft drinks, and some wine --but the amounts vary among the lines, so you'd need to check on yours. We don't bother with any of that and simply budget for soft drinks and liquor as part of our vacation budget.

Archived