Beach Break & Shopping in Limon

Robkatcruisers

Has anyone done through Carnival their Beach Break and Shopping in Limon?

I am trying to decide between beach and ziplining. I know I know everyone will say zipline however....I believe my DH and I would like ziplining but I am kind of afraid of the weight issue. I am below what carnival states for the weight restrictions and so is DH but I am still a little chubbo. I have read on here that they guides are really safety concious but do you feel secure in the way you are attached etc?

Then on the other hand how can I go all that way and not see a beach? The Carnival Tour is at a beach 1 1/2 hr away at Puerto Viejo. Has anyone been there?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I would stay in Puerto Viejo in a second if I ever went back to Costa Rica for a land vacation. It has a very laid back look. Beaches looked awesome. Lots of international tourists (if you're a people person, a nice bonus), many of whom we passed as they hiked the main road with their backpacks. Cool looking restaurants and bars. It was right up our alley and we didn't even get to stop and stay. So I can't say I experienced it because I didn't (we passed through) but it was one of those places that had us wishing we could stop and stay awhile. Good luck on your decision.

• 3 months later...

We are on the same cruise, and have the same quandry. We are looking at Oscar Brown Tours, he has tour #6 that goes to Cahuita National Park and 2 different beaches (white & black sand) in Puerto Viejo for $50 pp. But, we also enjoy horsebackriding, tour #7 for $45 pp.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have recently spent 2 weeks in costa rica on land vacation, spent about 4 days in the puerto viejo area, so might be able to answer questions for you. The beach in the town in not the typical white sand, beautiful caribbean blue water the rest of the caribbean is, for that you need to go a little south of town to playa cocles, it is only about 1-2km south. Beach in town is more of black sand, visibility not as good. The town itself has a funky, hippie, caribbean vibe. So it depends on really where they will take you. Also went ziplining, but not in puerto viejo, and i am not what you would call petite. Hope that helps.

Archived