De-lurking Zuiderdam 05/21/05

cheshire999

Finally! I've been lurking for a week now while we finalized our cruise plans. We're sailing on the Zuiderdam on May 21st, 05. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute). I've thoroughly enjoyed all the reviews, travel tips and stories. This is a great board!!!

We'll be a party of eight: Myself (44), dh (47), daughter and friend (19 & 23), my sister, her husband and two kids (40, 47, 14 and 10). This is our fifth cruise and my sisters first. I've sailed Big Red Boat (way back in the day, we loved them), Britannis (another long gone line) and Carnival (never again). Looking forward to HAL, from what I've seen I think its going to be a great time. We got a Pinnacle upgrade with our booking. Supposedly we, as a group, get to dine in the Pinnacle Grill without the surcharge one night. Has anyone ever gotten this? Is it on the up and up? Would be great if it works out. Anyone else going on this cruise date?

Hi Cheshire - We are on this sailing as well! Just my hubby & me - kids will be left home this time. We are in our mid forties and are from the Richmond, VA area. This is our first HAL sailing, but will be our 7th cruise. We have a roll call thread going. You can check it out at this link & please join in.

HAL 5/21/05 Roll Call

I'm reading more & more about the Pinnacle upgrade, but it's not part of our deal. We do plan to try it, however.

Hope to hear more from you!

I am going too with DH & my parents...DH & I both 40 and parents in thier 60's. We went on HAL in nov. 04 & loved it, this will be our 4th cruise, the second on Hal. Been on RCI's Navigator and LOVED it and went on Costa...that's my never again, not even if they gave it to me...well, maybe ...hmmmm LOL. Can't wait to sail on the Z...read many, many good things and if it half as good as the Zaandam we are in foe a treat. See ya on Roll Call...

paradisegal

Cheshire, since you mentioned the Britanis, was the Big Red boat the Oceanic when you sailed? I just loved that ship and it was back in the day when they cruised out of New York. You are pretty young so you may have missed the Oceanic before it was turned into the Big Red boat. My favorite room on that ship was the Agean Lounge. All green and very plush.

PS Hope you like the Zuiderdam. We loved it. I have never heard of the group not having the surcharge though.. It is worth every cent if you do have the surcharge though. We just left the Westerdam and the menu had changed since we were on the Zuiderdam. The bone in rib eye is just melt in your mouth wonderful, if you like steak!

Cheshire, since you mentioned the Britanis, was the Big Red boat the Oceanic when you sailed? I just loved that ship and it was back in the day when they cruised out of New York. You are pretty young so you may have missed the Oceanic before it was turned into the Big Red boat. My favorite room on that ship was the Agean Lounge. All green and very plush.

PS Hope you like the Zuiderdam. We loved it. I have never heard of the group not having the surcharge though.. It is worth every cent if you do have the surcharge though. We just left the Westerdam and the menu had changed since we were on the Zuiderdam. The bone in rib eye is just melt in your mouth wonderful, if you like steak!

Yes it was the Oceanic!! I loved it. We'll find out about the surcharge tomorrow. Our TA is checking into it for us. If its just a reservation and not a true "perk" we may just reserve for day 1 as there are so many of us.

Archived