Stingray City with 5 and 10 yr old?

miaomy

No problem stingray city is shallow for the ten year old and there is life vests for the 5 year old.It would be great for your kids.I wish I would have brought mine.The water is about chest high on me 5'8 and gets shallower towards the middle of the sandbar.The boats all back in towards the sandbar so it is deepest by the back of the boat and shallower as you go towards or away from the boat.The rays are freindly and you could easily carry your five year old if you wished or if they are apprehensive.Dont miss it your kids will love it.

We just got back from our cruise and we loved Stringray city. We went with Nativeway for $25.00 per person $20.00 for children. under 3 free.

We have many children in our group (2-17) They all loved it. the small kids were carried by there dads. You can sit on the back platform and they will bring the stringrays to you if you don't want to get in the water.

They have a guy with a camera in the water. We made a deal with him for the pictures. We had 4 families we all chipped in $25.00 per family.

For $100.00 he sent us all the picture he took. We just got them yesterday

there were over 100 pictures on the disk, My son found a couch shell they cracked it open to show the kids what was inside then the crew ate it for lunch. It was a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the Stingray Tour..... children of 8 and 12. There were lots of kids there.....

If they get scared.....they can easily get out of the water.

It was truly one of those life experiences. I highly recommend.

It really depends on your 5 year old- (I think the 10 year old would be totally fine). Ours would have been totally freaked out by the fast boat ride and the stingrays floating around him in the water, so we left him on the ship for the day and went by ourselves. The youngest child there was 8 and she did fine in the water snorkeling but freaked out when the rays were swimming around her and stayed on the boat the rest of the time (and demanded mom stay with her so there went the $ spent on mom and daughter). You know your kid and whether they can handle it or not.

We just got back from a 3/19-3/26 cruise with NCL SUN. This was our 2nd time doing the Stingray Excursion with our kids....ages 2, 9 and 7. They all loved it!!! Might want to bring a life jacket if you're unsure about water depth, but my kids ages 9 and 7 did not use them last week. Enjoy!

just got back went with capatain bryan - they made it fun for my 7 and 3 yr old - they were a abit apprehensive but after a few minutes they did great - when your kids see all of the people out there they will relax a bit . Bring a vest for your 5 yr old- the ones I saw most of the companies offerinf were really flimsy-also you might want to bring your own masks they provide them and say they are adjustable but didnt fit the kids faces tightly. I was glad we had a pair of goggles in our bag for my daughter - it did the trick.:rolleyes:

Archived