Buccaneer or nativeway- Rays. Reefs,and Rum Point

hlsess

I am trying to decide b/w the 2. Difference is 2 hours and $15/person. How long do you stay at Rum Point? Is alcohol included on the boat- nativeway. What do you do at Rum Point- i think it is a beach is that correct. Thanks

When I was researching for our excursion while at GC, I made my decision between these two due to the fact that Buccaneer is a catamaran and Nativeway is a power boat. I don't know if this makes a difference to you or not. Just some info for you.

I know nothing about Rum Point. Good question.

Michelle

Rum Point is a gorgeous beach on the far end of the island. There is a restaurant (informal) and bar where you can eat right on the beach. The sand is like white powdered sugar. Good good, sandy beach with lots of lounges and hammocks. A most wonderful place to sit back and relax. We were at Rum Point in early February. Gift shop was not yet open after the hurricane, but it was in the final stages of repair and should be open now.

Here is a link to our excursion with Nativeway. This was, without a doubt, the best excursion we have ever taken.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=134605

Enjoy!

Nativeway's power boat is a 38 foot cabin cruiser that went fast. A couple who was on the excursion with us has posted their pictures - here is the link.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandrob@rogers.com/album?.dir=abb2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandrob@rogers.com/my_photos

There are pics of Rum Point and our boat, which went fast. There is only a restaurant, bar and gift shop at Rum Point, no activities for the kids. But, they could swim and snorkel right at the beach. We were there for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, just time enough to have lunch (delicious), a drink, swim and a nap in a hammock.

We just got back yesterday from a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. We also booked the Reef, Rays, and Rum Point excursion through Nativeway. Our experience was a little different from the previous post, in that we made a snorkel stop and then immediately proceeded to Rum Point, where we stayed for *maybe* an hour. If it was longer, the time really flew by. After an "interesting" exchange dockside between our boat's captain and a woman from a tour operation (Red Sail?) about who had priority access to the dock there, we then went for another snorkel stop and finally Stingray City Sandbar before heading back to the marina. We felt a bit rushed at Rum Point and would have liked to stay longer... but I think the fact that there were 7 ships in port and our guide wanted to let some of the sandbar traffic clear out may have affected his decision on how the trip was structured.

Archived