Camel ride safari

kathy59

I would stay away from anything involving use of animals on cozumel if you have any kind of fondness for animals. The carriage horses are treated horribly, and i cannot imagine that camels are treated any better. . . . although I guess since they can go longer without water than horses they may fare a little better, but watering isnt at the top of their handlers list. Dont get me wrong, I love the people of Mexico, we have been 8 times in the past 6 years, but their treatment of animals is hard to stomach and usually leaves me on the resort or under water and no where else.

We were at Nachi Cocum last week and could see this from where we were. The people sitting next to us walked over to inquire and were told it was $60/45 min or $10 to take a photo. It looked like they were walking up and down the beach front and then thru some trees into a "forested" area (for lack of a better word).

Seemed a little too hot for me to be on a camel w/o any shade.... just my opinion.

Thank you for your response. I think I will check into some other excursions. The cost thru RCCL is $110. It doesn't sound like what I thought it would be from what you both described. Have a great day!

Archived