Sheraton Biscayne Bay from Ft. L...

RedSox

I figured if anybody would be able to answer this, then it would be someone on these boards...!:)

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport and are staying at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. Any idea what the best way to get from the airport to the hotel would be? Is there a bus/shuttle that runs from the airport to the area where the hotel is? Should we take a cab? Train? Any idea of how much it would be?

Also, I have heard that the hotel food is pretty pricy. Any good suggestions for breakfast places?!

Thanks!

We also flew into FLL and stayed at this hotel. We used Tri-County Limo and reserved ahead of time. Although it seems they forgot about us, there was other Tri-County transportation in the airport area and after a quick call, had no trouble getting a car to take us right on the spot. We took a cab to the Marketplace (forget the name - very popular, I'm sure others on this board know what it's called) and ate at Bubba Gumps and had a nice lunch and did a little shopping.

We're also booked at the Sheraton for our next cruise. I checked Tri-county's website for prices - we'll have 3 people and it was cheaper to get the private sedan, than to take the shared ride van. $65 + tip to go from FLL to the Sheraton.

We decided, instead, to rent a car from Budget b/c the Sheraton has a drop-off right at the hotel for Budget. That's going to be around $50 and we can use it all night!

We are staying pre-cruise at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay in May. Beware, that is you rent a car, they charge $23. for parking. If you want to return the car to Budget, they are only open until 4:00PM, so you must return it by then. I didn't know about this whehttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Unhappyn I booked the hotel (did it on priceline) and found out about it afterwards.

Also, the hotel is being torn down June 17, to be replaced by condos, so I am concerned about what type of service we will be receiving when we are there.

We are staying pre-cruise at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay in May. Beware, that is you rent a car, they charge $23. for parking. If you want to return the car to Budget, they are only open until 4:00PM, so you must return it by then. I didn't know about this whehttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Unhappyn I booked the hotel (did it on priceline) and found out about it afterwards.

Also, the hotel is being torn down June 17, to be replaced by condos, so I am concerned about what type of service we will be receiving when we are there.

I was a little concerned about that too, however I have read some reviews of people that were JUST there and they said everyone was extremely helpful/friendly. Rooms clean, etc.

I am just trying to find out the most economical way to get from Ft. Laud airport to this place. I dont want to have to pay $60 to get there!! Darn...:cool: :(

I am just trying to find out the most economical way to get from Ft. Laud airport to this place. I dont want to have to pay $60 to get there!! Darn...:cool: :(

Well the CHEAPEST way would be Tri-Rail and Metrorail, doesn't seem worth the hassle to ME, and Metrorail goes through some very scary neighborhoods on it's way from the Tri-Rail station to downtown Miami. It's not something I would recommend as a local, but to each his own...

Tri-Rail...http://www.tri-rail.com/

Metrorail...http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/metrorail.asp

TrentS - Thanks for the heads up on that. I appreciate the honesty! Do you think that when I got to the airport, we could just find a bus or something going to Miami? What are the chances?? (sorry to keep asking questions):D

No buses unless you're on some kind of a package deal, but Tri-County Express that you got the $44 price from has a shared van service, that I believe is what you priced. I think that's probably going to be your best and SAFEST bet.

Archived