Carnival Spirit - extended balcony upgrade questions

I called Carnival today to check up on my reservation. We had a standard balcony room at 7208, mid-ship, which seemed pretty nice. I have never had a balcony before, only an ocean view previously so this was a treat.

The PVP said I could upgrade to an extended balcony if I wanted, for a total cost of $8!! :eek::eek:

I looked at the rooms available on deck 6 / 7 (these were recommended as the best decks since there's no noisy upper deck above them or the life boats directly below them).

The following rooms were available: 7158 / 7160 / 7248 / 7250 or 6155 / 6333.

After looking at the deck plan, I chose 7160, as that seem to least blocked on deck 7. The other rooms seemed to be kind of close the "wall" that jutts out due to the regular balcony sticking out.

I was also thinking doing an aft-view extended deck 6333...but thought it would be nicer to see the front and rear of the ship from 7160... I kind of like people watching, especially coming into / out of port, so thought it would be more interesting than a boring ocean view in 6333.

So what do you all think of my decision? Stupid question - was it definitely worth it to upgrade to an extended balcony for $8?? :p (I'm sure many of you would slap me for asking that...but I'd rather ask than not and find out later something else). Is the room I chose the best out of all the extended balconies available??

Thanks!!!!! :D

Your logic works so I can't think of a reason not to upgrade for $8.00. I love the aft balconies because of the wake and being able to see port and starboard- you liked the fore and aft. You will be pleased for sure and everyone has different ideas of what they would prefer. But for $8- any upgrade is great!

We just had 7250 on the Miracle which is the same layout as Spirit. To us the ext balcony was not worth it. We did not like not being able to see from front to back when we looked out our balcony. There was something very weird like driving on a continuous curvy road and not being able to see where the front half was going.

We sail on the Spirit next and have 7262 booked stand balcony little farther back but.....we will be able to see the whole boat. Seventh is a nice floor though it was very quiet for us and only two down from the food. We also liked being near the rear because you could go right into dining or the rear pool / adult area.

Nonetheless I hope you enjoy your trip at least you are on vacation when so many among us are not so fortunate.:D

Since the extended balcony is deeper you do not feel as if your knees are stuck up in your chest and that is a good thing in my book. We had the extended balcony on the Pride and we loved it. I guess looking all the way down the ship is not a big consideration for us. We always get a balcony and like the extended. We have an Ocean Suite for our Alaskan cruise and are looking forward to that. Enjoy--I think you made a great choice for 8.00

Archived