Not the usual dining room attire question

Atty

Now ya do :) I own my own tuxedo. I bought it when I got married (in 1994 and it still fits). It was just as cheap as renting one for the wedding and since we were cruising as our honeymoon I needed it there anyway so it didn't make sense to rent one for that long.

With no offense intended, I still don't know anyone who owns a tux.

Enjoy dressing formal for dinner. You will look and feel very nice. I always wear a sport coat and tie.

On our Hawaiian Cruise this past September we dined in the Steakhouse. There were 3 tables. One couple were dressed formally and looked (and were) very nice. I was ... attired in my Sport Coat and ... tie. The people dining at the third table were dressed in crummy t-shirts etc. The not only look like bums, but they acted like bums as well. Why can't people just dress nicely? .... I think they should have thrown the 3rd table out. What lowlifes. It would not have hurt them to dress a little nicer!

One can't help but wonder whether "table #3" was clearly acting disrespectfully during your meal, or whether your perception of the way they acted was influenced by your bias over their attire.

Personally, I find it hard to imagine that what someone at another table wears to dinner could affect my enjoyment of my own meal. But I guess that's important for some.

One can't help but wonder whether "table #3" was clearly acting disrespectfully during your meal, or whether your perception of the way they acted was influenced by your bias over their attire.

Personally, I find it hard to imagine that what someone at another table wears to dinner could affect my enjoyment of my own meal. But I guess that's important for some.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess if the "bums" were better dressed, if their behavior would have been fine.

Lowlife came to my mind too after reading that.

I have worn a tux on every cruise that I've taken and will continue the tradition on my next cruise in April 2011. My sons (age 16 and 21) enjoy dressing up for the elegant nights and wear bow ties as well. For those who don't like dressing up that's fine with me since I'm on the cruise for my enjoyment not theirs. If someone think's wearing a tux is overkill then it's their problem not mine.

I love seeing a man in a tux, very attractive. If you can pull off the bow tie great for you it does not look right on many men but when it works it really works.

Archived