Need Kayak Partner Ketchikan-7/14/05

Dirtyoldad

I would love to, but, alas, I'm not going to be in alaska this summer.

We did Kyacking in Ketchikan. My wife's idea of a fun ride is the merry go round. But I convinced her to try it. She doesn't swim AT ALL, but it's just like rowing and there are several guides to watch over you. Sure she was hesitent, but she sort of agreed. Once she was seated in the kyack and stated paddleing, she loved it. She felt secure that nothing would happen, and the rest, is, as they say, history.

We were not the best kyackers out there, and had to be helped along once, but it was great and I can guarantee your wife WILL like it. Just tell her these two old people from NY tried it and LOVED it.

Hope you find someone. We're doing the Orca Cove kayaking in June - I finally convinced my husband to go for it! As a suggestion, maybe figure out which other ships will be in Ketchican that day, then find those roll calls and post your request again there. Good luck!!

Archived