Carnival Funville Board

HoosierBuddy

When you open your browser to go online, a window will come up asking if you want to purchase internet minutes. On the right side of the page, is a notice that Carnival sites are free, just click on one of those links, it will take you to Carnival's web page. On the upper right side, click on 'Community' on that page, upper right is Forums. Click on that and you are set.

I bring my laptop, so I don't have to leave the room to post on Currently Onboard.

Melanie

I wish I could do that, but my login won't work. Even call Carnivals support and still nothing. Even tried from other pcs and a Mac. :(:mad::(

I had this happen and all it turned out to be was the email address I registered my daughter with, I put it in wrong and never got a confirmation email. When I tried again using the same email address but making sure I spelled her name correctly :o I got the confirmation email and she was able to post. I even called Technical Support and they didnt even think to check that....Try using a different email address and see if it works.

To the OP. I saw a thread on here somewhere, where a passenger had taken step by step photo's of how to do this. I used it on my last cruise and it worked great! I didnt have to spend money on the internet at all. Search Funville in the search feature and you will probably find her thread.

I had this happen and all it turned out to be was the email address I registered my daughter with, I put it in wrong and never got a confirmation email. When I tried again using the same email address but making sure I spelled her name correctly I got the confirmation email and she was able to post. I even called Technical Support and they didnt even think to check that....Try using a different email address and see if it works.

To the OP. I saw a thread on here somewhere, where a passenger had taken step by step photo's of how to do this. I used it on my last cruise and it worked great! I didnt have to spend money on the internet at all. Search Funville in the search feature and you will probably find her thread.

Thank you!!! I really hoped it would help someone!!!!

I captured the quote and here are my step by step instructions to log on... You will NOT be charged!!! Whether from their computer at the Internet Cafe or from your own laptop... You can be assured of this... since you'll never need you cabin number to log on to these sites.

To log onto Funville -- it just takes being registered there... and do this BEFORE you leave, so you can respond to the email they send you that confirms your registration!!!

*** Now before I forget... Let me tell you about logging on to Funville on the carnival dot com site... This is the FREE way to post about the cruise and stay in touch with anyone left at home and just read what others need to tell you!!!

I love to read in on the threads they start... some are strictly for those on board to stay in touch with family... but some tell you how the cruise is going and what's happening...

This is my thread, that I had while I was on board...

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/for...93/792948.aspx

and here is how to log on while on board... I used my laptop in the room, but the internet cafe is right next to the Lobby Bar...

Go to Connect to...

Find the Carnival connection and click on it and connect. It's unsecured and my computer reminds me of this and asks do I want to connect anyway... YES...

Then I click on my Internet... and the Carnival screen comes up...

232323232%7Ffp532%3C9%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544796832%3Anu0mrj

Click on the top one in that reddish orange box: "Carnival Connection"

232323232%7Ffp53487%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544%3B%3A5732%3Anu0mrj

Anything in that reddish box is FREE!!! And you're doubly protected, cause, it will NEVER ask for your cabin number in any FREE area!!! So if it ever asks for your name or cabin number or birthday... STOP... You're paying for the next click... But this is FREE!!!!!

Then go to Community & Buzz...

232323232%7Ffp5339%3A%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544%3B%3A6832%3Anu0mrj

Then go to Forums...

232323232%7Ffp53493%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544796%3B32%3Anu0mrj

Then under User Groups, click on Currently OnBoard...

232323232%7Ffp53487%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544%3B%3A7732%3Anu0mrj

Then find your thread and continue posting...

232323232%7Ffp53333%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E9%3A8%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D363544797332%3Anu0mrj

I've been going nuts trying to figure out how to stay in touch with my husband while our son (8YO) and I are on a 7-day.

You see, hubby is a tech geek, and although I relish being "disconnected" for several days, he cannot understand the concept and will be home alone. (You'd think he'd be HAPPY to have the place to himself! No one to nag, tell him to shower, etc., etc.) I have a smart phone and have been doing all sorts of research and was super concerned about all the fees. This will be a wonderful way to keep in touch with not only him but other family and friends. I'll test it out today, of course, so that I know how it works. Then while on board I'll stop into the internet cafe every now and then to post.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING SUCH INVALUABLE INFORMATION!

I didn't even know about this. I have been trying to figure out how my daughter can keep in touch with husband and sons back home with out spending alot of money on phone calls or internet minutes. I think we may buy the smallest amout of minutes and use it among the 4 of us going together.

Archived