How far in advance do you book excursions?

Milano66

My husband and I are booked on the November 4th sailing out of Barcelona on the Solstice. Celebrity has not released the complete list yet, but I have been doing lots of research and I think I know exactly what I want. My question is since the cruise is in November, not a very busy season, should we wait for Celebrity to release their excusions for all ports and compare tours (private vs Celebrity) or should we book now our private tours to get a good selection and availibility.

I am a planner. If I have done my research and am sure where I want to go and which excursion I want to take, I go ahead and book. It relieves me of the stress and they are in my room when I arrive or shortly after. I love one less thing to do when I am on ship. It contributes to my enjoying all things Celebrity.

My husband and I are booked on the November 4th sailing out of Barcelona on the Solstice. Celebrity has not released the complete list yet, but I have been doing lots of research and I think I know exactly what I want. My question is since the cruise is in November, not a very busy season, should we wait for Celebrity to release their excusions for all ports and compare tours (private vs Celebrity) or should we book now our private tours to get a good selection and availibility.

You get the best guides by booking them early. If something happens and you give them at least 90 days notice you could cancel.

If you are considering private tours, book early. The highly touted ones sometimes book up a full year (or more) in advance. Very few require any type of down payment, so it will not tie up any money.

Thanks for your comments and feedback. You are right, I don't have to pay until we take the tours so there is no downside of booking early. I wish Celebrity would post their excusion earlier.

Archived