Hotel close enough to walk to Nola cruiseport

arkcruiser52

We parked at one of the parking garages, but Embassy Suites is close enough to walk from.. that is for sure. We've done it twice now. I do believe that they charge for parking. I'm sure that is why we used one of the parking garages.. but they had a shuttle that worked well.

Nancy

• 5 months later...

I've walked from the Drury and don't recommend it. If you drop off your luggage first and there happens to be something going on in Lafayette Square, then you stroll through the mall first it's not too bad but it is a fairly long walk through very humid New Orleans.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this question?

We are going to N.O. by train for our November cruise on the Conquest.

It will be dark when we arrive (7:30) so was wondering what to expect as how far we will be from the Hotel?

Is a taxi the best transportation to take?

• 1 month later...
Is it too far to walk from the Hampton Inn Downtown to cruise terminal?

the hampton is right across the street from the convention center, and right down the road from the terminal. it's the closest hotel, but with traffic, it's still a walk if you have a bunch of luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me the name of a hotel that has cruise parking that would be close enough to walk to the port. Any ideas? How easy us it to get ur luggage on the trolley?

We drive down through Little Rock too. We stay at Holiday Inn Superdome, and they allow free parking for the night pre-cruise and the days of the cruise. Free shuttle to the pier (but taxi back after the cruise).

Last June our room was $129+. Seven days parking at the pier is $112 if it's $16 per day. So our room and covered parking winds up costing $17.

Archived