RCCL..The Nation of NOT!

Look, Falmouth is a New Port. There is little to no info on it available. For this very reason, A RCCL excursion employee not knowing everything about it is inexcusable, even for a RCCL apologist.

My general thesis is that there is a not so subtle shift in the RCCL experience. One caused by what I believe is the need to further increase revenue. To offset costs associated with the Allure and the Oasis? I dunno. Who here wouldn't prefer to see a simple grill station and bar/beverage area where Johnny Rockets is? Deck 12 side/aft. This place was EMPTY! Yet Rccl ships continue to add REV generating dining space. What happens? Windjammer gets even more jammed.

It is not a matter of being an apologist. RCL employees are responsible for matters related to the ship, and excursions the ship offers.

They are not responsible for, nor do they need to know about other services, offered by other vendors. That is not just RCL that is pretty much each cruise line.

Look, Falmouth is a New Port. There is little to no info on it available. For this very reason, A RCCL excursion employee not knowing everything about it is inexcusable, even for a RCCL apologist.

My general thesis is that there is a not so subtle shift in the RCCL experience. One caused by what I believe is the need to further increase revenue. To offset costs associated with the Allure and the Oasis? I dunno. Who here wouldn't prefer to see a simple grill station and bar/beverage area where Johnny Rockets is? Deck 12 side/aft. This place was EMPTY! Yet Rccl ships continue to add REV generating dining space. What happens? Windjammer gets even more jammed.

Based on the above quote you imply that you are very familiar with Royal Caribbean. I asked previously and got no answer. How many Royal cruises have you been on? How many cruises in general for that matter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:

Originally Posted by BillOh

Since the OP mentioned the Sky Bar, the only rudeness I've ever experienced was trying to get a soft drink refill at the pool bar. If I spend a day a the pool and hit the bar for softdrink refills, I always leaved a tip, but a couple of times I did get some annoyed looks.

The OP also did mention the balcony dividers. I hear some confliciting stories about this all the time, and maybe this is one place RCI could make a definitive statement.

That withstanding, I don't get the soft drink package anymore and I've only traveled with another couple once where we wanted the divider removed.

Alexis:

Hi BillOh,

From what I have read on here many times, "it is up to the Captains of the ships" as to whether the balcony dividers can be opened or not.

So RCCL can not make a "definitive statement" on here unless they ask the Captain of his ship.

I would say I disagree, if I understood that statement. If RCI wanted to make a fleetwide devcision, they could. Many people here attribute that to being captain's disgression, I truely doubt the captain of megaliner cares, or has a reason to care. I believe, with no basis for this, that the crew takes the easy way out and just says it can't be done.

If you do a search on here you will see that my post is correct.

The Captain is the one who decides whether or not the balcony dividers on his ship can be open or not on a cruise. ;)

Perhaps you trust these CC posters below more than me. ;)

: Merion_Mom:

Opening the dividers is up to the Master of the ship.

Some Captains allow it, some don't.

You will find out when you board.

wrp96:

The balcony dividers on the Mariner and Navigator can be opened BUT they will only be opened if the Captain allows it, and the Captains generally don't allow it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do a search on here you will see that my post is correct.

The Captain is the one who decides whether or not the balcony dividers on his ship can be open or not on a cruise. ;)

Perhaps you trust these CC posters below more than me. ;)

Absolutely correct - up to the captain

Archived