Special diets.

whitton lad

Going on the 29th july cruise on the marina. Can anyone advise me as to how well oceania cruises cater for people like my wife who is a vegan. Cunard catered for her very well, but some other cruise lines said they could but in reality did not.

Going on the 29th july cruise on the marina. Can anyone advise me as to how well Oceania cruises cater for people like my wife who is a vegan. Cunard catered for her very well, but some other cruise lines said they could but in reality did not.

Oceania does a marvelous job with this kind of thing. I know because we sometimes sail with my sister who has a wheat allergy.

You'll need to notify Oceania in advance (if you have not already) of the dietary specifics involved.

Dependant on how complicated your restrictions are, the chef may or may not ask to meet with you, once onboard the ship.

Once they have a handle on your needs, you will daily receive advance copies of the menu's in the Grand Dining Room with the dishes that you can eat, highlighted.

Occasionally there will be a note that a particular dish will also be served at the buffet, otherwise you'll need to use common sense up there.

If the variety of food offered is not sufficient in your eyes, or if a specific non-compliant dish is particularly appealing, contact the chef and he will let you know if a special order is feasible.

**Note**

The specialty restaurants have separate kitchens, but since the menus don't vary, the waitstaff know the choices inside out, and can guide you easily.

Archived