Anyone Played Golf at Marriott St. Kitts?

itzfitz2

We are booked on the Spirit Barbados to Ft. Lauderdale November 5. One of the stops is St. Kitts. My DH and I would love to play golf at the Marriott resort there. Was curious about renting clubs. Has anyone done this? If so, what was the cost AND more importantly, what kind and condition were the golf clubs?:)

We are booked on the Spirit Barbados to Ft. Lauderdale November 5. One of the stops is St. Kitts. My DH and I would love to play golf at the Marriott resort there. Was curious about renting clubs. Has anyone done this? If so, what was the cost AND more importantly, what kind and condition were the golf clubs?:)

go on trip advisors.com click on marrotts St Kitts golf; looks like a nice place to golf:)

I've played there and it's one of the nicer courses around (even better than the 4 Seasons Nevis the last time I was there a few years ago). Didn't rent clubs as I brought my own. Greens fees are $180 so I'd expect clubs to run $50 or so. Can get a discount to $90 for one of the morning tee times if you use ezlinks.com to book it.

We had not played golf there, but on our taxi tour at St. Kitts, the driver (of the van) asked us whether he could pick up a couple stranded at the Marriott on our way back to town. That couple apparently went to the hotel to attend some friend's wedding party. From the outside, that hotel looked nice, but it was a fair ride away from town.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1317609

I played there last year and rented clubs. Can't remember what kind but they were decent. I thought the course was just ok and a bit overpriced but I didn't really mind since golfing during a Caribbean cruise doesn't provide a bunch of opportunities to play. As I recall the drive wasn't really that bad, no more than 1/2 an hour.

Mark

Annapolis, MD

My husband played on an Regent cruise a couple of years ago:

St. Kitts – the sea was too rough for us to dock here, so we had to tender. Todd had a tee time over at the Royal Club golf course. We arrived at the Marriott a few minutes late, but they took him right over in a golf cart. I had arranged this with the Regent concierge, and he set up cart, club rental and green fees for $125. There was no caddie, and some of the holes were right on the ocean. Todd really, really enjoyed this course a lot. Meanwhile, I walked around the Marriot and spent some time at one of the pools in a lounger. They do not heat their hot tubs. I was disappointed in that. It was very windy, and it rained a bit. I walked the beach past their property and found a lovely place to layout on my towel and watch the high waves. This was a beautiful beach but rough.

I think we have pics.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those on the Spirit from Jan. 10-17, 2013, the ship stops in St. Kitts on Jan. 13. Apparently the St. Kitts & Nevis Admiral's Cup Pro-Am will be played at the Royal St. Kitts Marriott from Jan. 13 - 16.

I suspect that means that the golf course will have limited tee times available. I understand you can get a day pass to use the pool/beach facilites at the Marriott 24 hours in advance, subject to availability. If the hotel is sold out, they do not sell day passes.

Anyone with alternative suggestions for St. Kitts? We did the Nevis excursion a few years ago; very disappointing.

Played there last year, nice course, but a bit pricey. Rented Clubs (Taylormade), they were Ok, but only had Stiff shafts.

Tip for the Marriott Hotel, if you are a member of Marriotts Reward Program and have ELITE status with them, they will give you free access to the Hotel Facilities

Archived