Star Princess Fitness Center Report

espmass

JUST got home from our cruise on the Star and I promised to let someone know details about the fitness center. First of all, let me say that I am not complaining so no attacks on my opinion. The center is very disapointing. The center is way too small for a ship that size, It doesn't open till 7 AM which is late for dedicated fitness people. On my last ship the center didn't open till 7 but we could always get in earlier as the door was left unlocked. They had dumbell weights from 5 pounds up to 75 pounds. There were Paramount brand weight machines, one for about every muscle area but placed very close together. There were 8 eliptical machines, 2 upright bikes, 2 reclining bikes, and 11 Soft Track 4500 treadmills. You were required to sign up for only the treadmills although I went later in the day once or twice and they were alwasy available. They had some classes although nothing I cared to try. Hope this helps those who wanted more details.

opens at7? I hope this is NOT the case on the Golden......I am at the gym 6 days a week at 5:30am...even when I am not working. On vacation it will be even more important to work out early A) I want to spend as much time on the Island so I'd like to have it done B) If I don't work out it will be A DOUBLE WAMMY because I will be eating and drinking more then I do at home. Anyone else with any info?

On the Star it is strictly 7 which is late since I also am at the gym at 5 every morning. I even asked if we could get it earlier and was told no. The gym people actually stood there and unlocked the doors at 7! After the first morning, I took to swimming laps in the pool at 6 (open 24 hours) and then doing weights in the afternoon when I could squeeze the time in. 7 is late when you want to have breakfast and be off the ship at 8!

Thank you ESPMASS, that report was for me. It sounds adequate enough. One question though as far as the itinerary goes. Is it true they have reversed the order of the ports of call. Where did you go/in what order?

Thanks you again for the report.

Yes, but it can be switched again. We went in this order: Princess Cay, sea day, Montego Bay, Cayman Island, Cozumel, sea day. Princess Cay was a very nice, relaxful way to start the trip, Montego Bay was a waste of time, Cayman Island was nice but still devastated from the hurricane, Cozumel was gorgous. Glad the fitness center report helped. Have a great time.

Archived