Gem: can I upgrade from BC to AF cabin?

simmynj

I booked a BC balcony cabin on Gem for April 23rd. Noticed a lot of AF mini-suite (I think) cabins still available for only a little more that I paid for the BC cabin. Question: Is the AF cabin much larger than the standard balcony cabin and could I request this cabin and just pay the difference if they are still available ?

I already made final payment. Just wondering

Thanks

Generally, you would be able to call (or have your TA call if you booked through one) to pay for the upgrade. There are circumstances when you couldn't (e.g., new bookings special rate only).

The mini-suite gives you the following: About 25% more interior space, somewhat larger balcony, larger bath with tub, heavy curtain that can be pulled to divide the space. It does not get you any suite perks whatsoever. Those do not start until the lowest level penthouse.

For us, whether it is worth it depends entirely on how long the cruise is and how much more it would cost. We would not and have not paid more than an additional $10/day/person. So for us, if it's more than $75/person difference for a 7 day cruise, we don't do it.

beachchick

Archived