Dolphin Discovery

wurm64

I am pretty upset. I was going to book a dolphin swim at Dolphin Discovery but I was told that any Carnival passenger can not book through them because they have an agreement with Carnival. She wouldn't even discuss it with me. Last year I booked with Carnival and it took us to Dolphin Cove. Discovery looked a lot better and even had a book early discount. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

Yea, that's what I thought. I wonder if anyone else has done this. I just don't want to be out the money if I pre book it online because if it's cancelled because of weather or something they said they would not refund if your on a Carnival Ship because they want a letter from the cruiseline saying the tour was cancelled.

I have done it for our upcoming cruise for my daughter, we are just taking a local bus down. Should go alright, I figure if we don't go there then oh well, I have been lucky and never have had a port problem so we are just taking the chance.

• 4 weeks later...
Yea, that's what I thought. I wonder if anyone else has done this. I just don't want to be out the money if I pre book it online because if it's cancelled because of weather or something they said they would not refund if your on a Carnival Ship because they want a letter from the cruiseline saying the tour was cancelled.

Just got back form Cayman. Prebooked dolphin swim online and fibbed about staying at a hotel (googled and chose one). No problem. Had a great time!

I missed my timing and my daughter didn't get to do it. I thought it was at 1:00 for some reason, but we were in Margarittaville at 11:00 when I pulled out the paperwork and saw that we were suppose to be there at 11:00. So, a waste of 130.00 but she had a great day anyway. I will be more careful next time.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back form Cayman. Prebooked dolphin swim online and fibbed about staying at a hotel (googled and chose one). No problem. Had a great time!

Any suggestions on how to get there from the ship? I read about the buses. They are only a couple of bucks and not really busses at all..more like vans.

We are thinking of taking first cruise to Caribbean (did 3night Disney cruise in 2007). Anyhow, if we do the Dolphin Discovery - can anyone tell from experience if it is worth the extra money fo rthe Royal Swim? Also, how large are the goups?

Finally, how do you get from cruise ship to Dolphon Discovery?

Go to ShoreTrips.com they have a few different packages and they will book for carnival cruisers. I've booked 2 of the 3 excursions with them I have heard great things so I hope I can report back after my June cruise with positive reviews :)

Hope this helps

Archived