Meet and greet gift exhcnage help!!

C&THollings

I need help! We are doing a gift exchange at of CC Meet and Greet, I can not figure out/decide what to bring. So I am asking for suggestion or examples of thing you have given or gotten in a Meet and Greet gift exchange. The price limit is $10.

We did a goody-bag drawing for our M&G. In the bag were various items that I thought were great for a cruise gift. A small puzzle book with pen, a small notepad, 2 can koozies, a travel journal, a deck of cards, and a small canvas bag- that would have been great to use around the pool. All of the items came from the dollar type stores and were small enough to pack in my suitcase. Once in the cabin, I just assembled everything into the gift bag.

Another great item would be one of those zippered lanyard thingys. I have seen them in the luggage sections at Walmart. They will hold your S&S card along with a few other small items. It is made to wear around your neck.

Travel games may be another great idea. Travel Scrabble, UNO etc....

I live just outside of Washington DC. In fact 16 miles from where our great ?? leaders meet:rolleyes: Went and got something that everyone knows what comes out of DC other than Bull Sh*t A large can of hot air.

Paul

I'm from Illinois and wanted to bring something our state is famous so I decided to bring the governor, but the warden wouldn't let him out.

lol, when I was thinking what Illinois was famous for, I thought about our two past governors..

Thanks for all the ideas, this has given me a lot of suggestions.

The Low Country of South Carolina is famous for it's food. So for our M&G on the Legend in January I took examples of GULLAH food that could be prepared at home when the cruise was over. Because the ingredients were made and packaged in South Carolina there was no problem with customs. The ingredients came in a colorful outer bag that also had the recipe on the back. There were several dishes to choose from. I'll try to attach an example.

atasteofthesouth_2143_3713370

SHRIMP AND GRITS

Shrimp & Grits has been featured on the Food Network's Food Finds show and Paula Deen's sons' show, Road Tasted. That's how good it is! The bag includes fresh yellow stone ground grits and the sauce packet to make the gravy. Just add water to each of them, then sauté about a pound of shrimp in olive oil or butter, put the grits on the plate, then the gravy, and put the shrimp on top. This is a hearty meal for four people! Now that's some good eatin' !!

I need help! We are doing a gift exchange at of CC Meet and Greet, I can not figure out/decide what to bring. So I am asking for suggestion or examples of thing you have given or gotten in a Meet and Greet gift exchange. The price limit is $10.

A souvenir from your home town. When I went on my Mariner cruise there were several people from Australia on our roll call and I told them my DD is obsessed with Australia and talks about moving there so they brought her little koala bears, a boomerang, a hand towel etc. It was so cool they thought of her that way and it wasn't a give exchange they simply did this out of kindness. Great people. Anyway, if I was doing a gift exchange I would probably get something from Arizona (Arizona Highways calendar, or something with cactus on it etc).

I forgot to mention, I think an inexpensive gift exchange at the M&G was a great ice breaker. We also had a couple of extra gifts on the table for the CD and Hotel Manager (not sure of his title) that were invited to the M&G. They were surprised and enjoyed the inclusion!

We also brought something to rep. our state or hometown. :D

Ex. the folks from Boston brought a Red Sox cap, N.Y brought a Yankees monkey, PA brought pretzels and beer, and we brought Va. Tech and UVA t-shirts for Virginia.

As a Red Sox fan, I really wouldn't want anything that said yankees on it. Have everyone bring a mug. This way everyone brings the same thing. can be from your state, cruise related or just funny. small enough to pack and carry

Go ahead and call me a stick in the mud but I can't imagine why someone would want a cap, shirt, keychain, etc from a city/state they don't live in and aren't even vacationing in. Don't people have enough clutter? I'm trying to get rid of unnecessary stuff. I don't want to accumulate more!

Archived