Post-Cruise Stay in Orlando

MalynKiggs

Just wanted to run a few plans by someone more experienced than myself.

A friend and I are cruising RCI out of Port Canaveral 4/8-4/11. We will be flying into MCO the morning of 4/8 and were planning to use a shuttle service (maybe Travelynx??) to the port.

After getting off the boat on 4/11, we are planning to stay in Orlando for the night and fly out of MCO on Tuesday 4/12. We would like to visit Downtown Disney Monday night, and are wondering where we should stay and how we should get there. From reading other people's posts, I'm thinking maybe the best option would be to rent a car for 1 day at Port Canaveral and return it the next day at the airport.

So, I guess what I'm asking is... does renting a car sound like the best option? And... any suggestions on where to stay convienent to Downtown Disney, but also fairly cheap (less than $70 preferably). Would it be better to stay by the airport and drive to Downtown Disney that night?

Just wanted to run a few plans by someone more experienced than myself.

A friend and I are cruising RCI out of Port Canaveral 4/8-4/11. We will be flying into MCO the morning of 4/8 and were planning to use a shuttle service (maybe Travelynx??) to the port.

After getting off the boat on 4/11, we are planning to stay in Orlando for the night and fly out of MCO on Tuesday 4/12. We would like to visit Downtown Disney Monday night, and are wondering where we should stay and how we should get there. From reading other people's posts, I'm thinking maybe the best option would be to rent a car for 1 day at Port Canaveral and return it the next day at the airport.

So, I guess what I'm asking is... does renting a car sound like the best option? And... any suggestions on where to stay convienent to Downtown Disney, but also fairly cheap (less than $70 preferably). Would it be better to stay by the airport and drive to Downtown Disney that night?

Renting a car is the best way. As for the rest I would post on CC's sister site Tripadvisor.com in Orlando.

Agree with psbcap that a rental car is the best way to go. Yes, you could stay near the airport for convenience. There are two La Quinta's near the airport that can be had for <$70/night.

Just make sure you do not buy gas for your car at either of the two gas stations on Semoran Blvd. (Shell & Suncoast Energys) mentioned here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/orlando/624077-mco-gas-station-ripoff.html They have been fleecing unsuspecting tourists for years.

Archived