Flow rider for those that wear glasses

This is a slightly different question (I think?)

I wear glasses and can't see ANYTHING without them. I have tried contacts numerous times and can't handle them...no matter the type.

I really want to try the Flow Rider, but you can't do it with glasses. I am already nervous enough trying it....I can't imagine trying blind without my glasses.

Does anyone have any advice? (short of laser eye surgery before departure?)

Thanks in advance

Suzanne

This is a slightly different question (I think?)

I wear glasses and can't see ANYTHING without them. I have tried contacts numerous times and can't handle them...no matter the type.

I really want to try the Flow Rider, but you can't do it with glasses. I am already nervous enough trying it....I can't imagine trying blind without my glasses.

Does anyone have any advice? (short of laser eye surgery before departure?)

Thanks in advance

Suzanne

My daughter was on the high school swim team and cant see well without glasses or contacts. We were able to find some prescription swim goggles (just google them) that allows you to see well enough to get around and see friends but you wont be reading newspapers with them. They do help a lot and are available from $20 to $40 depending on what you want.

Mike

My daughter was on the high school swim team and cant see well without glasses or contacts. We were able to find some prescription swim goggles (just google them) that allows you to see well enough to get around and see friends but you wont be reading newspapers with them. They do help a lot and are available from $20 to $40 depending on what you want.

Mike

Thanks Mike.....I have looked into these, and also have a prescription swim mask for snorkeling......however I don't think you are allowed tovwear them on Flow Rider?

I'm a glasses/contacts wearer too. My eyes are terrible, so i know your concern. You could have someone near of enough to you that you could hand your glasses off just before you step out on the board. The monitors/instructors are there to help, especially if it's your first time. They will be there to steady you on the board 'til you are ready to give it a go on your own. Have fun! :)

I wear glasses and I can assure you from personal experience on the FlowRider that you will not need glasses at all. There is nothing to see. You will be lying flat on your boogie board and the propelled water will be pushing you in place essentially until you fall off. I am blind as a bat and had fun anyway. My son held my glasses for me while I rode.

I wear glasses and I can assure you from personal experience on the FlowRider that you will not need glasses at all. There is nothing to see. You will be lying flat on your boogie board and the propelled water will be pushing you in place essentially until you fall off. I am blind as a bat and had fun anyway. My son held my glasses for me while I rode.

Additionally, anything that can fall or come off your body usually does. This includes rings, glasses, and even swimsuits. :D

Ditto!

Additionally, anything that can fall or come off your body usually does. This includes rings, glasses, and even swimsuits. :D

I can't wait for my shorts to fly off and everyone catches a glance. Also I plan not to wear my glasses.

I can't wait for my shorts to fly off and everyone catches a glance. Also I plan not to wear my glasses.

I saw young man's shorts slide down while he rode the flow rider on Oasis. He had quite a tan line, calling attention to his exposed backside. He probably tied them tighter on his next ride...

Archived