Jerk Chicken In Ocho Rios

D-Roc

We will be in Ocho Rios in July and I am already craving "real" jerk chicken. We will be doing the Dunn's River Falls. So between there and where we dock, who can reccomend a great place to get amazing jerk chicken.

We went to Scotchies a couple weeks ago and had the jerk chicken and pork.Very good but be careful with the green sauce they give you to put on it...WOW! (and I like hot!) If you go there make sure to try the Festival bread too...YUMMY!! :D

Did you just recently use Courtney Taylor in Jamaica..??? If so can you post a small review. I am signed up with Courtney on May 4th for a private tour.

Thank you.

Angela

Did you just recently use Courtney Taylor in Jamaica..??? If so can you post a small review. I am signed up with Courtney on May 4th for a private tour.

Thank you.

Angela

Hey Angela...it's Ann!

You will love Courtney! As I think I said on FB, he was friendly and took us exactly where we wanted to go! He didn't try to pressure us to do anything else and he waited with the van at each stop so we could safely leave our stuff in it! He also got us to the falls early so that we were able to climb before all the crowds which was something I had told him was important to us!! We had a great day in Jamaica! If you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer! :)

Courtney took us there so I can't give directions but it was pretty close to the port in Ocho Rios. Can't remember how long the drive was but it didn't seem like more than 10 minutes if I remember correctly...:p:rolleyes:

(maybe 15...we were listening to Courtney tell us about the island!!)

I like The Ruins at the Falls. Just a short (maybe 2 blocks?) walk from the port area. It's a lunch buffet, never crowded, and a lot of locals eat there. $15 includes food (they at least have jerk chicken - if I remember correctly they also have jerk pork), draft beer and wine. You help yourself to the food and the servers bring you refills of the beer and wine.

Here's a picture of the outdoor dining area. The scenery is amazing. That's my girlfriend sitting in the picture- we were one of two couples there at the time. (About 2pm)

ruins.jpg.704917dcf23903b28deeac977a6475b4.jpg

Is that the Dunnes Falls your are referring to? if so w are going there and the tour package we got includes a buffet. It might in the same area if you were at the Dunnes falls in that oic.

Might be a good idea to ask Courtney or whoever your guide or taxi driver is where THEY would recommend! We went to Scotchies because I had read alot of positive things here but that does not mean there might not be better places for jerk...Scotchies was good though!! :)

And it was really pretty there too! Lots of tropical flowers and you eat outside! Nice!

I just checked and yes it is the same place you ate at. The Ruins at the Falls. That is where we will be eating as part of our excursion. SWEET!!!

I go there every time I'm in Ocho Rios. You will NOT be disappointed!

I go there every time I'm in Ocho Rios. You will NOT be disappointed!

What kid options do they have (if you know that is) as my little one would not want to eat jerk chicken.

I don't recall specific selections, but I know that they have the normal soups (at least two different varieties), breads, salads. They had a couple of side dishes that were rice-based. I recall some pastries and some cookies for dessert. They had at least one fish dish as well, but again - I'm drawing a blank. Sorry I don't have more info!

You could e-mail them for a buffet listing, I would imagine: theruins@cwjamaica.com

Another vote for Scotchies! Makes me hungry to think about it again....:D:D:D

Mark Morris from Mark's Tours took us there. Highly recommend Mark too.

How far is Scotchies from the cruise terminal?

Archived