St. Thomas wedding....please help!

Hello everyone..I had first booked a cruise with Carnival to the Mexican Riviera on the Splendor. I just recently changed it to the Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Liberty now. This is my first cruise.

There is a stop at St. Thomas...and my dream wedding would be on a tropical island! So, this worked out so much better! I don't want to book my wedding thru Carnival since it's very pricey.. I found two places online that are in my price range. I was wondering if anyone has used them or heard of them before it's Wedding, Set Go! and Island Bliss Weddings. Or if anyone out there who has been married in St. Thomas know of anyone else they would recommend. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Savay

Hello everyone..I had first booked a cruise with Carnival to the Mexican Riviera on the Splendor. I just recently changed it to the Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Liberty now. This is my first cruise.

There is a stop at St. Thomas...and my dream wedding would be on a tropical island! So, this worked out so much better! I don't want to book my wedding thru Carnival since it's very pricey.. I found two places online that are in my price range. I was wondering if anyone has used them or heard of them before it's Wedding, Set Go! and Island Bliss Weddings. Or if anyone out there who has been married in St. Thomas know of anyone else they would recommend. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Savay

When is your cruise? Weather could be a factor. When you book a cruise, it's not guaranteed that you will make every Port of Call. Also, will you have wedding guests? What other amenities are you looking for? There's really a lot to consider!

I am currently using Island Bliss weddings to coordinate my wedding in St. Thomas. I'm flying to the island as opposed to a cruise wedding, but all of her packages can be tailored for cruise visitors. Janelle, the coordinator, keeps a Facebook page and a blog about the weddings she does. She's also very prompt in returning emails. If you search on here, you'll find a a lot of good things about her.

I am currently using Island Bliss weddings to coordinate my wedding in St. Thomas. I'm flying to the island as opposed to a cruise wedding, but all of her packages can be tailored for cruise visitors. Janelle, the coordinator, keeps a Facebook page and a blog about the weddings she does. She's also very prompt in returning emails. If you search on here, you'll find a a lot of good things about her.

Yes, I have checked out her website. I see that her prices are very inexspenive. I think that I will use Island Bliss.

Thank you!

Sorry - didn't notice your cruise date when I posted! I think there have been a lot of good reviews about Island Bliss Weddings, and one other thing....the weather should be GORGEOUS!!! I've done one Christmas cruise (Holland America) and spent one Christmas in Cancun at an AI. The weather was really perfect! Not too hot, and low humidity. Beach water was warm and comfortable. It's an expensive time of year to cruise, and you might encounter lots of families with kids. St. Thomas is pretty "touristy", but there are some beautiful private beaches and locations. Congratulations and enjoy your wedding and cruise! (BTW - the ship should be decked out with lots of Holiday decorations, so it will be festive!)

Savay

I am getting married on St. Thomas in Nov. and Janelle from Island Bliss is our coordinator. It will be just the two of us, also. We are getting married on Lindquist beach, both her and the photographer (Blueglass Photography) recommended it. There is a $100. beach fee, for it & most beaches. Shelly

Well, I officially have a wedding date and time set!! Woo hoo!! Dec. 27, 2011 @ 12 noon ceremony. I choose Island Bliss Wedding. And Janelle is fantastic! You guys were so right about her! She's awesome! We will be getting married on Lime Tree Beach and I have chosen Budget Photography.

Well, I officially have a wedding date and time set!! Woo hoo!! Dec. 27, 2011 @ 12 noon ceremony. I choose Island Bliss Wedding. And Janelle is fantastic! You guys were so right about her! She's awesome! We will be getting married on Lime Tree Beach and I have chosen Budget Photography.

Congrats...I know how exciting is is, to have it booked!

My husband and I are renewing our vows(20th anniversary) in May and are going thru island bliss with Janelle as well. She is very helpful and very prompt with questions and concerns. We are doing ours at Lime Tree Beach.

Congrats!

Archived