Jeep Rental??

pambud96

Rented a car from Avis last week in GC. I pre-reserved the cruisers special from their web-site which was an all-inclusive rate (car, insurance, drivers license). I chose the smallest car and they upgraded us to a slightly bigger car with an amazing pioneer radio. The total was under $60.00 and we had to fill with gas which cost us about $10. The Texaco was convenient to the rental return. They provided us with a very good detailed island map.

Upon arriving we walked about 5 minutes to the Blue Iguana gift shop where they called the AVIS shuttle. They said it would take 15 minutes but about 5 minutes later the van arrived. The trip to the airport took about 5 minutes and the car pickup procedure took about 10 minutes. Easy!

We drove to Rum Point which was amazing and the drive was not difficult with very little traffic. I was glad to start the trip from the airport rather than the town center where the driving looked a little more tricky.

I was glad not to have chosen a jeep because when driving on the left, I prefer the steering wheel on the right, also, on our way back we encountered a big black cloud and we would have had to stop and put up the soft top.

Returned the car in about 3 minutes and then took the waiting shuttle van which drove us right to our pier. Highly recommend this service and it made for a really cheap shore excursion as we were 4 people.

Only down side, no rum for me at rum point:mad:. Tricky enough to drive on the wrong side so wouldn't mix alcohol with that.

Archived