½ small onion, chopped

⅓ c. mayonnaise

⅓ c. plain yogurt

⅓ c. coconut milk

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

½ t. grated lemon zest

1 pinch grated nutmeg

Salt and white pepper

Preheat oven to 350° F. Place cashews on a dry baking sheet in a single even layer. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes until cashews are toasted and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool completely before adding to salad. Reserve 2 T. cashews for garnish.

Stir together mayonnaise, yogurt and coconut milk in a small bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, and lemon zest and blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery, onion and toasted cashews. Pour the mayonnaise mixture on top and mix well.

Garnish with reserved 2 T. cashews and serve.

I was searching for this recipe and found it thanks to a previous thread here on Cruise Critic by Mary Ellen 1. She apparently requested it and Princess sent it to her.

Turned out OK. I would go with about 25-50% less onion than the recipe calls for, or use a milder onion - the onion is too strong in my first attempt. I used a yellow onion, next time I will switch to a red onion and maybe put 1/3 of a small onion instead of 1/2.

Otherwise, it's good!

Turned out OK. I would go with about 25-50% less onion than the recipe calls for, or use a milder onion - the onion is too strong in my first attempt. I used a yellow onion, next time I will switch to a red onion and maybe put 1/3 of a small onion instead of 1/2.

Otherwise, it's good!

Try a white onion-they are milder

Archived